Sign in to follow this  
JenRose

Just received Final Statement

Just go t the final statement for M this morning.

Nothing has altered/changed in it so i have phoned SENDIST and they are sending me the forms today.

I believe i have 2 months to get them in, on Monday i am phoning the HEad of the special school that we want M to go to.

I hope ive done everything possible, can anyone advise me if there is anything else i could be doing?

Thanks

Two months is correct - from the date of the letter accompanying the final statement. Might be worth contacting IPSEA to help with the paper work???

Best wishes for the journey ... I'll be praying :pray::pray::pray:

Update on our situation ... got an amendment to j's statement on 14th feb for Secondary. The only thing amended is the school. So although they have proposed cutting his support they haven't written it down yet and so we have nothing in writing to appeal against ... solicitors suggest appealing anyway but it's hard to state reasons for appeal ...

Edited by UltraMum

Deep breaths hun.

I agree IPSEA are great help and the sooner you get ontot hem the better as they tend to be very busy.

Other than that go through all the evidence you have of your childs needs again (unfortunately there is a lot of going through things again and again)

Make notes of majot points, gather as much evidence as posible.

When you recieve the copy of the LEAs case statement you will need to go through it all making notes of points they are wrong about and anything you disagree with and put together your points from them.

At the hearing you will need to make a closing argument (this was somerthing I was not made aware of and was a bit of a shock)

You will be fine, its amazing no matter how nervous/scared you are, when you get in that room you will find the strength to fight for your child and as it is your child not the LEAs there is nothing like a parents love and passion, they have nothing to compare