Sign in to follow this  
allsetuk

after school throwback /stress

hello everyone

Just wondered does anyone notice a behaviour throwback after school ,

:blink: i think my son is stressed from school work, he was awake all night from 2 till 4 or 5 ..sounding out reciting facts and worrying because in reading yesterday he had forgotton his jolly phonics sounds yesterday when he had to do his sounding out..he is only 4 and half and can read when not under pressure but im worrying that he is putting himself under pressure ...from comments passed at school....has anyone else experience of this ?

i am really starting to see school differently and how it affects my little one, so far this week , my son has been found hiding in the book corner to avoid hand washing, which scares him silly , getting upset and not wanting to go on gym days becuase the clothes coming off and over his head freaks him out as does the comptetitive way the other boys deal with it ....i had to ask they help him today ....becuase he has been up since 6am worrying about it ...and becuase his teacher told him to practise his sounding out jolly phonics , he has taken it literally and is spending all night every night practising all week !!!!

has anyone else got these kind of problems?

Hi I put up a post a couple of weeks ago along similar lines to yours.I commented that Ben was different at home compared with school.I was surprised how many people responded with similar experiences.It may be helpful if you can find it.Karen.