Sign in to follow this  
forbsay

Legal working rights

Hi

I am just wondering what my rights as a mother who works and has an autistic child. At the moment, I am working full time (hubby is training to be a driving instructor). I can work long hours at times but that will have to change once he is qualified. I personally don't think my work can object as they are letting another mother work her limited hours as she has childcare to sort out.

So what are my rights?

I have been in the company since September....................

Thanks

Forbsay

You need to have a look on the Dti (Department of Trade and Industry) website and search for flexible working. All parents with children under 6 and parents with disabled children up to the age of 18 (disabled means in receipt of DLA) have the right to request a flexible working pattern, which could mean reduced hours, job share or working from home. There is a good guidance booklet on there that will let you know your rights.

I have applied to work from home for 3 days a week under this act but have unfortunately been turned down, the employer has a duty to consider and must give sound business reasons for a refusal.

Good luck x

Oh - thanks for that. :D

I've just dropped a day at work - i just couldn't manage it all at once (sure most of you can identify with that one!). Although work seem to be ok with it - there's that horrible 'undercurrent' kind of ill-feeling :( . I heard mutterings about 'Just 'coz she's got a disabled child.......' :(:angry::tearful:

:thumbs:

Well done........Glad to see all employers are not a~~wipes like mine were.....bitter, yes i am!

>:D<<'>