Sign in to follow this  
rach04

brief history

right i might waffle here :D ds was dx at 3 with dyspraxia, he went to school at 4 with me having to explain to the senco what dyspraxia was!! He has always struggled at school and i have spent 6 yrs trying to get him statemented to no avail.

Now in Dec we went to see the mental health team (done this on my own back) that have diagnosis him as to having asd although i havent got the written report yet. Senco gives me alsorts of hassle when the mh team asked me to take a evaulation sheet in to school i gave it to his teacher who filled it out and gave it to me well i cant belive how disruptive he is at school as when i go to the school and ask if they have any problems its always no dont know what you are talking about!!! A problem arose in early Jan (with being told off for not concentrating)and i had to go and see senco i rang the mh team and asked what i could say to the school as to the diagnosis and she said tell them he shows autistic traits. Well got to the school and said something has come to alight he shows autistic traits and his answer "he shows no autistic traits here" grrrr even though the initial diagnosis was made on my say so and the teachers. Niw she told me to stay away from the school in Jan until i got the report and she could sort a multi agency meeting well shes been on the sick since and i have nothing, really wanted this sorted before the summer but it looks like another yr will go by and nothing will be done. Shes back off the sick now and tells me it will be another couple of weeks and was really snotty with me. :crying: hes 11 in oct and i dont want him going to a main stream school nxt yr he wont cope with the size and plus he has no road sense and the nearest secondry school is across 2 main road and i have a 4 yr old and a 6 yr old to take to school at the same time. any advice would be very welcome and i realize alot cant really be done until i get this report thanks in advance :notworthy:

it would be funny if our children went to the same school....but the senco at el's that had the same kind of attitude has now left.....

it sounds like there is a great deal of time wasting going on here and its probably down to funding, and its all to the detriment of your son's education! :angry: are they making you wait until the multi discp meeting to give you a copy of the report? how can they justify this? :wacko: why dont they write to the school and let them know briefly what their findings are so that support can be put in place for your son?

how much support does he recieve at the moment?

he has about an hour a week one to one. the senco is not talking to me cause i went behind his back with the mh team very unprofessional man. we had an ot meeting last week and he didn't come in! he talks to me like i no nothing even though hes been told 100 times about the family history (asd, adhd.add, dyslexia and dyspraxia) he once went to put in for a statement and then pulled out cause he heard i was moving!!! i didnt tell him this i just enquired at another school cause we were looking to exchange council houses with someone there! and now there isnt the money again!! ive been waiting for this report so i have more evidence when i put in for statementing

My daughter (13) is just about to get her statement but at present it will change nothing :( I empathise, have had to battle for everything. Senco at last school was brilliant bent over backwards to accommodate dd1 unfortunately nothing worked. Just keep battling, I am...they haven't heard the last of me yet! Take care >:D<<'>

:angry::angry: 3 and a half months later and i still don't have a report im giving it till Friday. something is happening at school as he has become very verbal in the last few weeks. shouting etc and if i tell one of the others off he goes "yer do as you are told" and he is pinching,hitting pulling dds hair etc. i have asked him if anything is wrong but he says no. i cant push him to tell me cause then he starts telling porkies or extends the truth and i look the wally at school. got parents evening Wednesday so i will ask the teacher but hes as much help as a chocolate fireguard :angry:

:D i can tell you now "" doesnt do that here"" "" no his maths is coming on fine "" even though dd (4) knows more than him. ""handwriting skills are excellent"" ""oh no he gets everything on the right way round here"" "" must be playing up for YOU"" ""your a bad parent"" ""you nag to much"" ok ok not the last 2 :D but near enough. no i will give them the benifit of the doubt and if i dont laugh about it id only cry. :tearful::fight: Edited by rach04