Sign in to follow this  
Bambi

Local press came for my story today

Hi guys

Well the press have been and the photographer came before the editor to take pics, managed to get T to sit next to me as he wouldnt sit in between me & my bro.

I told them how my life has been since i started raising concerns about Ts behaviour when he was aged 2. I made a point of mentioning the HUHT website coz that is an educational issue that one day will be heard and help may come, maybe not in our kids life time but it could help generations to come which will be a hell of an achievement for special needs kids. I Also told them that my aim to to reach out to parents who are living what i am living and when no dx the help just isnt there (like no access to a support group without a dx) and no one seems to help unless a dx is made for ur child and what a hell of a battle a parent/carer goes thru to get the dx is a nationwide problem.

It breaks my heart to know and see so many of us struggling like we do and things need to be said, i want to help as many people as poss get support so i told her if anyone in my area reads my story i dont want them to think they are alone and she took details of this forum, so hopefully parents will visit us here if they are in need of support Smile

The reporter said ASDs are pretty new and she knew herself the understanding isnt out there and she confirmed that it does seem to be happen up & down the whole country. Made her aware of the Ruth Kelly saga and that we dont blame Ruth Kelly for what she did but it just shows u that mainstream isnt working for special needs kids, thats the bottom line.

I didnt talk in front of T i dont like doing that,so went went into the kitchen to speak in private while T was being entertained playing draughts (board game) with my brother.

I thought it went well and i aimed it at just my personal experiences and i stressed this is about reaching out to other parents, thats all i want to achieve and to tell them NEVER give up in fighting for ur childs needs. We may get warn down and have MANY battles to fight but i never gave up coz T is my child, he needs me to help his quality of life or he will suffer and none of us wants that for our children.

The story will be published at the end of the week so will keep u updated on the day it gets released K (the editor) will email me to tell me, she was a lovely, calm and relaxed (quite young) woman very nice indeed and she witnessed Ts behaviour herself.

Bambi x

Edited by Bambi

I hope the report helps with gaining awareness and help for you and others in your area.

Good on ya Bambi! I hope the article is a favourable one and that some good come sof it, even if it's just meeting others in the same position as you.

Go get 'em!

Sam x

Thanx guys i just told it how it is and my inspiration comes from u guys all over the UK and abroad, we are ALL living this life and we ARE the experts on our children!

fairynormal i see ur son is aged 9 sorry i asked u his age in pm! our children do sound very alike.

Bambi x