Sign in to follow this  
curra

All Cats have Aspergers Syndrome

Just bought this book and as I love cats I enjoyed the photos very much. There are cats in all shapes and sizes next to brief descriptions of what AS is. The book doesn't give much information about AS, in fact, it's very short and summarised, but I think it makes a good present for a relative who needs to know what AS is (in general terms) and who also happens to love cats. It gives a positive view of aspergers.

C.

Curra - My aunt sent me this book for my birthday! :blink::D

My son and i sat and giggled all the way through it - it's also been taken into school and i've shown it to some family members. It is very basic - but i think that's a good thing, it highlights some of our childrens most common problems in an easily accessible way.

:D

This got me thinking - maybe I can claim DLA for my cat? :) She needs a lot more care than other cats of the same age.

Besides AS, she has heart and kidney problems and is nearly blind. It would really help with the vet bills!

K

Just bought this book and as I love cats I enjoyed the photos very much. There are cats in all shapes and sizes next to brief descriptions of what AS is. The book doesn't give much information about AS, in fact, it's very short and summarised, but I think it makes a good present for a relative who needs to know what AS is (in general terms) and who also happens to love cats. It gives a positive view of aspergers.

C.

I gave this to my mother-in-law for Christmas... we're on friendly terms but she's never mentioned it. :P

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............

So much for 'extreme male brain' theory then, 'cos everyone knows cats are 'female thinkers'...

coming soon from the same author -

All parrots are schizophrenic

All rabbits are sociopaths :robbie::robbie:

The obsessive/compulsive goldfish

Of mice and megalomania

All pigs are chauvenists

Yertle the Turtle - Tourettes; a primer

Percy the Bi-Polar Polar Bear

Eats shoots and leaves* - Anti Panda propaganda; an exploration of prejudice in the 21st century...

L&P

BD :D

* no comma ;)

coming soon from the same author -

All parrots are schizophrenic

All rabbits are sociopaths :robbie::robbie:

The obsessive/compulsive goldfish

Of mice and megalomania

All pigs are chauvenists

Yertle the Turtle - Tourettes; a primer

Percy the Bi-Polar Polar Bear

Eats shoots and leaves* - Anti Panda propaganda; an exploration of prejudice in the 21st century...

ROFL thanks for that laugh!!! LOL of mice and megalomania, I'd like to see that... :notworthy:

I will have to look out for that.

I used to have a picture on here you might remember with a cat and a dog, and when I saw the photo it was from an Autism site, stating that Cats are Aspergers and dogs are other people, so I could relate to my son like that as you can see how some cats go into meltdown around dogs. :thumbs:

Thanks will definitely get this for my daughter.

:)

Got this for J last week, but will wait for a while before I let him see it. I think the reference to 'Sometimes they may be bullied' would freak him out. He has been bullied himself but I don't think he sees it as such, and I don't want to set him off worrying about when it's going to happen in the future.

Nice book though, good for flicking through.

Also just got him Different Like Me, the book of autism heroes, featuring people like Einstein, Dian Fossey, Warhol, Temple Grandin etc, and showing them to be original and creative thinkers. Nice to show our kids how successful other autistics have been in the past.

Karen

x

Baddad, that was hilarious! :lol::lol:

Seriously now ;) I did get that book for my son (we are all cat lovers here, and our cat is spoilt rotten :P ) and he loved!

(my daughter and myself loved it too :D )

Martina

On the subject of cats - years ago I had a couple of books called '101 uses for a dead cat' and 'another 101 uses for a dead cat'...

I also FOUND (honest injun, it was on a bus) a book called 'Cats are from venus dogs are from mars - how our favourite animals can learn to cherish and love one another'...

as spoofs go, it has its moments:

SHAMING AND BLAMING

Apportioning blame is one of the commonest sources of conflict in a relationship. Humans reckon it is important to listen without blaming, but cats and dogs must learn instead to blame without listening. Both need to work at cultivating this ability, because each finds it difficult. Dogs are good at not listening, but not very good at blaming - it's far too complex and analytical for them. They're much more interested in what's going to happen next than in who's to blame for what's already happened.

Cats on the other hand are very good at blaming but hopeless at not listening. this is because their legendary curiosity always gets the better of them - part of their mind is always thinking that there might be something juicy coming up in whatever anyone is saying. This is why cats listen even when they're fast asleep......

L&P

BD

Me - I'm with Rita Rudner: I don't like cats, they're a waste of fur...... :o

Edited by baddad

On the subject of cats - years ago I had a couple of books called '101 uses for a dead cat' and 'another 101 uses for a dead cat'...

I seem to remember there was a further sequel called something like, "Cat's revenge...101 uses for a dead human".

K x

C.

I've got this book, its quite good actually. On another note, all dogs have ADHD!

Sarah

Me - I'm with Rita Rudner: I don't like cats, they're a waste of fur...... :o

The ancient Egyptians worshipped them :notworthy: and when their cats died the family went into deep mourning, shaving their eyebrows as a sign of grief. The Romas liked cats too and saw them as a symbol of liberty. :notworthy: But later in Europe the poor cats were associated with evil and witches. :devil: They were killed and their fur was used to decorate garments, their flesh was added to soups and stews. In the 19th century people began to be interested in cats again and admired their fur for its beauty , :notworthy: so they have NEVER been a waste of fur.

I've got a fridge magnet that says "People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life". :lol:

:lol::lol:

Curra

The ancient Egyptians worshipped them :notworthy: and when their cats died the family went into deep mourning, shaving their eyebrows as a sign of grief.

I've got a fridge magnet that says "People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life". :lol:

:lol::lol:

Curra

1 - How was it a sign of grief to shave the eyebrows off of a dead cat? Sounds more to me like 'the last laugh' :o:whistle:

2 - I've got a fridge magnet that says "People who don't like cats were probably burnt as witches in a former life just because they'd owned one of the b*****y things"

Incidentally, Ben has earmarked 'The Fridge Magnets' as the name for the band he's going to play in when he grows up :wacko: ... That's if he doesn't become a world class chef... or golfer... or writer...

Nice that he has ambitions, but I strongly suspect that whatever he grow up to be he will always remain a PAIN IN THE BUM!!!

Cat casserole? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Now there's an idea :o:o

Actually, if i used only female cats and boiled them up in suet crust I could call it 'Queens Pudding'

Or open a fast food restautant selling southern fried male cats: Anyone fancy 'Thomas-a(bargain)-bucket'???

Cats' hair is very thin just above the eyes . . . kind of 'reverse eyebrows.' It's more obvious on black cats.

The cat owners would shave their own eyebrows off, while the dead cat would be mummified. In 1890 more than 300.000 cat mummies were found buried in an underground sanctuary dedicated to the cat goddess Bastet. It's all in The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Cats and Cat Care.

Curra :)

^ ^

. .

= ^ =