Sign in to follow this  
Siadwell

Snow time again

it seems so strange that it can be lovely weather all this week then snow at weekend,i dont mind it,looks pretty but everything seems to grind to a halt,no buses,schools shut etc

I might get to go sledging for the first time in ages. I love sledging! :D Hope that the weather holds for a bit tomorrow morning and early afternoon as that way hopefully I can still get my walk in up the dale too. It's years since I've been around when there has been a good snow fall up here. Last one I missed because I was in Kenya. Don't worry I'm 24 going on 5 I think. :)

anyone got any snow yet?we havent,im in kent

We are in Kent, i saw about 2mins of it this afternoon but it soon stopped.

oh i would love some snow :D saw a good tip in magazine,after you have put the kids gloves on,put some rubber gloves over the top,stops there gloves getting wet when they chucking snowballs :D havent had chance to try it out though cos no snow :crying:

I only like snow if it snows properly, we only seem to get a dusting of it here. It's got to be a foot deep and nice and fluffy.

I think we had some whilst I was out with my friend. It was too wet to lay though. Certainly no snow cover yet. Temperature has dropped drastically though. It was a nice day when I was out this morning helping my mum with some work in the garden and by the time I was out in the cinema car park (about 2pm) was really cold. Was cold in the Chinese too when went and got tea.

Weather here in yorkshire, its freezing, very, very windy, and its been a ray of hale stone, snow, rain and then for an hour this afternoon it was a very bright blue sky, and calm, so I dont get it.

Tonight when we tuck Tj for a walk it was a biting cold wind, snow is defo on the way, J wore more than one layer, a very good indecator of extreame cold weather.

JsMum

Certainly had a few snow showers today. Hasn't been lying though. I guess there is a chance that we'll get some over night. Was a bit disappointed when morning arrived not to find a white blanket everywhere. It ruined my plans for a day of sledging. ;) (Just kidding - though that is probably what I'd have decided to do.) Is still rather bitter outside though.

The Wuurlds gone mad i tell 'ya! :unsure:

We've had (north hants) ......

Snow...... Rain...... Huuuuge Hail stones....... Bright sunshine...... Gales.......And an electrical storm... :wacko::hypno::blink::huh:

Has snowed quite a bit today here. Not really laying in Durham though. Was beginning to lay in Gateshead when I finished school. Don't want the weather to be too bad tonight or tomorrow though as I have a course after school (either supporting student's literacy or supporting student's numeracy can't remember which. Thats what I'm doing for the next 6 weeks of term time after school on Wednesdays! Then also trying to get myself on a first aid course.)

As I've typed this it has just got a lot heavier here in Durham. Looks like it might lye now. Ground maybe a little wet still though. Which means it really will be fun tomorrow. Hope I didn't just jinx myself. :)

really snowing here,i was talking to a woman in the co op today and she was saying that when her daughter was born it snowed solid from the december till the march,she said it was in 1967 i think,can you imagine us coping with that amount of snow now?we have a bit and everything closes

I'd love a decent snow fall. Up here in the North East things seem to continue even with a decent fall. I remember being down London way and was in hysterics about the amount of fuss they were making about a fall of around 5mm or so. I'm used to seeing icicles under one of the railway bridges in Durham every year. Can remember around the M25 they were cutting them down. Having said that hasn't been what I'd consider a decent fall since I was a child. Amount of snow does seem to have decreased drastically. I can remember my Dad taking me up one of the dales and sledging down for a couple of miles. Was fantastic. Well at least until I had to walk all the way back up the hill again. Sadly my favourite sledge got binned by my mum as I had worn completely through the bottom of it. (Was also a float for use in a swimming pool - not that I ever used it for that.) Wish I could find another one like it to replace it. Also dad brought me and my bro back sledges that you can steer one year when he had been on holiday in Europe. They were (and I guess are - as still have them - just not had the snow to use them) great fun.

Sorry I am 24 honest!

david you sound a very positive person,wish i was like that,have you got any strategies you can share with me?i need all the help i can get :blink:

Not really just ended up like that. I think it's because of things like bullying at school. It was only by learning to laugh along with it that I managed to not get really depressed by it. Things can still get me down but I tend to just forget about them. Will perhaps feel disappointed for a day but then have learnt to let go. If you don't dwell on bad things and instead try and think of the positive stuff it does make you feel better. Can't believe I'm saying bullying improved my life though. I can remember how much it hurt at the time. I don't think it is anything you can necessarily learn. You just have to change your perception of events. Have had this discussion with some of my friends too. I think a lot of it also comes down to self confidence. I know that I always do my best hence can be happy with it. If I didn't do my best then I'd have something to worry about. That's not to say in retrospect that somethings I couldn't have done better. I just don't dwell on it. That and I tend to end up in supportive groups who will help me as much as possible towards any goals. Present school isn't as tight knit and helpful as my last but there are still a lot of people who will happily provide me with advice, so long as I'm willing to listen. Also as long as there are others around I do tend to be happy. It is when I'm isolated and alone that I can feel down. Even if it is just a few hours in an empty house. I like things to be happening. I like people to communicate with. Hence why I like hanging out on here. :)