does anyone have any info on this i hadnt heard of it until now

im near lincoln and wonder if theres anything in my area or

what this involves

Thanks Tracey

thanks for that have just been on there web site and emailed them for

information it does sound similar to dore programme i think nearest

one is grimsby

Tracey

I work at a complex needs school and every morning each class in key stage 2 does 5 minutes of brain gym.

We are gradually introducing it to the rest of the school.

There are just 5 or 6 simple exercises that we do that supposedly help to kind of get both sides of the brain working together such as 'cross crawl' where you touch your R knee with your L hand then your L knee with your R hand.

These exercises ar eoften done to music.

Personally i don't know whether it's all that it's cracked up to be but what I do know is that it wakes the kids up and seems to boost their alertness.

I did pay out �30 per session for a course of brain gym, I thought it was worth a try. I think it does depend on how cooperative your child is, though. Mine got bored and frustrated with the exercises and it was quite hard to engage him. We would visit the therapist every week and then at home he had to do daily exercises. On the whole, I didn't really see any improvement and the exercises did become a chore and a source of conflict in the end, so I decided to stop it after a couple of months.

Good luck though, hope it works for you. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

I too tried Brain Gym for Bill.... to be honest... I thought it was a load of codswallop! But that may have been the therapist we had. In the end I opted for vision therapy after a full assessment with a behavioural optometrist.... There's only so far that they can take it though... ie expense and the cooperation of the child. The best results we've had were after assessment with Ian Jordan who prescribed orthoscopic lenses.

Flora

have contaced brain gym grimsby lady there explained bit about it �30 session but could come

to house would probobly cost round double

still looking into dore programme as it seems a different thing more like a fixer but costs 2 grand for approx

12 month programme and lots of travelling to sheffield hard as i dont drive and my daughter is sometimes

difficult to get out

having said that im still thinking about it so anyone whos tried this programme please contact

Tracey