Sign in to follow this  
curra

Physio

After 4 years of insisting that M needs a physio assessment he finally had one last January. The results came in today. The report says that he has a "definite motor coordination problem" and will be referred to a physiotherapist where he "can gain a more indepth assessment". So it seems that we'll have to wait for another 2 or 3 months so that he's assessed again ... :unsure:

Has anyone had any success with physiotherapy? My son has always suffered from pains in his legs and cannot run very much.

Curra

Maxs' OT recommended some excercises, not sure if they are physio as such. Its to do with the fact that he struggles so much with writing. Max is 6, and OT said it was to do with the messages from his brain going to his hand holding the pen. Would that be motor coordination, not sure.

Anyway, he does simple exercises with his TA at school each morning, baby pressups x 10, and then he leans on the wall with his hands, and pushes up and down x 10. Also, he has a bandage strip, his TA has drawn spiders on it, and he has to scrunch it up with his hands. It does seem to have helped, and his TA has made it into a fun game too.

Jo

My son had regular group Physio and OT sessions from the age of 5 until he was 11, and it really did make a big difference, so definitely worth it in my opinion.

Bid :)