Sign in to follow this  
pingu

A question about hips

Hi again everyone.

I really need your advice (and / or opinion) about what happened at the hospital today. I took K to see the "insole man" (the orthotic people) to review how hes getting on with his new raised insoles. He wears them because of a history of tendonitis and flat feet

Anyway i mentioned to his doctor about him getting an awful lot of cramps, especially at night and asked if the insoles were to blame. and so this lead to a quick exam of k. (who was as good as gold - bless him) after the doc has finished measuring / twisting/ pulling/ pushing / he asked kieran to stand up straight and thats when he noticed that K leans to one side when stood straight, which is what i wanted to ask you about. does anyone else have any advice at all on this? i wouldnt be to worried but he seemed pretty worried and has emailed my GP to inform him of his findings, and now i have to take K back to GP for him to investigate. I hadnt really noticed it before but when he pointed it out then it became obvious that he goes over to his left hand side when stood straight. He measured his legs and one is 5mm shorter, (which isnt too bad apparently) but the fact that he is getting Hip pain, cramps in the thigh and pain in the knees coupled with this "lean" has me worried.

The guy phoned me later to say he had sent the email and i was to get in touch with GP early next week. I did ask him his concerns as by then i had thought about it, and he said not to worry but kieran had developed a "posh (something) list" (didnt catch it all) and it would be for the best to see the GP.

so the question (eventually)

1) do you or a family member suffer with

flat feet

ankle pain

leg pain

cramps

a "tilt"

or in general any problems that ive mentioned (in red) ..... anything >:D<<'>

Any advice gratefully recieved (im sorry if that all makes no sense by the way - the tiredness is getting to me) lol.

take care and thanks for reading and sticking with me.

shaz >:D<<'>

Edited by pingu

Shaz, don't really have any advice but my son had terrible problems with his feet and was dx with "Policeman's Heel" he had great difficulty walking and pains up and down his legs. We spent a fortune on insoles (�700+ as we stupidily went to a private clinic) which he would not wear strangly in the past year he has stopped complaining and has said the pain has gone !!!???

Clare x >:D<<'>

What's his gait (walking pattern) like? Does he turn his foot in?

My dd has problems with her feet and therefore her gait pattern is abnormal, this causes her to rotate her hip joint which is not good in the long term and something her physio is struggling to correct.

Could your son be walking awkwardly on that leg and causing pain in the hip?

A x

Edited by aro

Hi Pingu my middley one has all these probs and then some..have you done the Adams bend test with him?? My son had the probs you mentioned but on closer examination it turned out his probs were all to do with his back..Its just rung bells all you said about the hips etc.The orthotist would probably already be aware if there was anything else going on but just wanted to get you to check just in case,the back was the last thing we noticed on our boy...

P.S was the other word a scoliosis??

Edited by Deedee

Hi thanks for your replies so far. The guy said that Ks back was straight when he stood upright, its just when hes stood up he has this "lean" he hasnt got a particularly unusual walk although in some ways i guess he has because of the insoles. I have managed to get him in at the docs on monday. so i will update then.

thanks again

shaz

hope everything goes ok -i have scolosis

you couldnt tell from my back bending over

but i have a pelvic tilt when stood straight

makes one of my legs longer than the other

and one shoulder higher

only found out age 30

due to me complaining of neck ache :rolleyes:

my mum has it bad though so it must run in the family

Thanks rainbow queen. i didnt realise that you could have a straight back with the condition. but pelvic tilt was mentioned the other day at the hospital.

shaz