Sign in to follow this  
Gerrard

music...a voice

Now I won't pretend to be anything other than a 43 year old man (AS, does that matter?), sitting at home after quaffing a few guiness, listening to some good music (Ronnie Lane). But I was wondering, what music gives us?, anyone? a voice. When I was 15/16 it was the Clash, and bless him, Joe Strummer, till he left us, he was still a great voice, when I was 40. I wept (slighly) when he left us, also when John Lennon went. I was 14 when I first heard the PiStOLs, StRAnglers, CLASH, Elvis Costello, Jonathan Richman, Velvet Underground, PIL. Then I decided to explore. Woody Guthrie, Big Bill Broonzy,BB King, Johnny Cash, 1960's Jamaican dub, Lee Scratch Perry. Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps

I went to see, and hear Bob Marley, 1980, Glasgow Apollo. WOW. I seen Genesis, Tangarine Dream, The Jam, Buzzcocks, Rush, David Bowie (twice)....you name it. Every kind of music. All voices.

Maybe I'm just gettin' to that age, and I miss that way that music turns me, takes me down a different street, helps me to sleep...then slaps me round the face, and says Gerry, you ain't dead yet.....

New music still spins me.......The Good The Bad And The Queen, 1990's (bless 'em)

Think i'll shut up now

I realise it's POETS day......but guiness before 8.... :shame::lol:

I do totally understand where you're coming from, music is 'my thing'. I enjoy playing, singing and listening to everything and anything - i just love it :D . Thankfully, my son's just the same - think he'd be pretty fed up with me by now if he wasn't! There's always music in our house :)

Music is my life...I really don't think I could live without it. When everything seems pointless and without meaning it brings it back. It basically makes me feel alive :D I expect you'll all think I'm barking (as in mad) now :whistle:

Music is my life...I really don't think I could live without it. When everything seems pointless and without meaning it brings it back. It basically makes me feel alive :D I expect you'll all think I'm barking (as in mad) now :whistle:

Bikergal, you're not alone, music is my life too. So we must be barking together (in harmony of course :lol: )

I dont know how I survived before mp3 players - isnt it incredible, your whole music collection in a tiny box. I love to play mine randomly...........lots of nice little surprises.

SV

i'm so jealous that you saw bob live!!!!!! that must have been fantastic!!! :notworthy:

i love music but am not musical in any way.....but i dont care if van the man is on i'll join in!

Ditto........... would have loved to have seen Bob Marley live. I am a simualr age to you Gerrard....it brought back loads of memories.

Clare x

listening to music was one of the things which helped me get through my husband leaving me,i used to put dancey music on very loud and you cant help but sing along,used to stop me feeling quite so low,i avoided slushy music for ages though,when youve split up with someone it seems every song is about you and your partner,we danced at our wedding to always by atlantic starr and even now when i hear it i feel a bit strange