Sign in to follow this  
JenRose

meeting with R,s nursery

what a wonderful day we,ve had today. a meeting to discuss R at nursery with the various professionals and a meeting this afternoon with the LEA which was a complete disaster.

At the meeting this morning there were various professionals there and our own independant psychologist.

His report states that R has language delay,echolalia,echopraxia and social and communication difficulties.

Nursery slagged off his report behind his back.

They tried today, they didnt get far.

The senco tried to say that she didnt think R has language problems so he said "oh yes she does, whats more i see them and her Paediatrician sees them, you dont see them because she is trying to fit in with nursery, most of her speech is echolalic and imitation"

She started going red and wobbling her head from side to side.

I told nursery and the various profs that i think there is a borough divide going on and that im not standing for it any longer, the SENCO said to me "DR XXXXXX" the Ed Psych who has a doctorate in philosophy has been in to see R and concluded that a statutory asessment is not needed"

So i said "i beg your pardon, are you telling me that you have information on my child from a professional that noone has passed to me as her mother" so the senco tried to tell me that thats not the way Ed Psychs work.

Our independent psych said "oh yes they do, the code of practice quite clearly states that Ed Psychs are supposed to get the opinions of parents before and after an asessment and its DR XXXXX doctor of Psychology actually"

I nearly fell through the floor laughing.

Anyway this afternoon all of a sudden the senco "FOUND" the Ed Psych report, it was behind a filing cabinet!!!!!!!

Funny how you get what you want when you start talking Code of Practice, and going above peoples heads!!!

That is ridiculous, this is supposed to be a resoursed nursery? Is it private?

I would write and complain about this Jenrose, they have no right to keep you in the dark about information relating to your child.

Im really .. for you!