Sign in to follow this  
ediebee

Any suggestions for meeting tomorrow

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since we've posted anything. We remember with great thanks how kind you all were to us when we started our son on medication last year, things have plodded on pretty much the same as with many of you, life is more settled for our boy since meds, they help him, but he still has problems mainly in school. Recently meds were increased after a pretty rocky period. I think this lulls the teacher into thinking he'll be easier to handle, and we all know how niave that is. Well after a day of another huge temper outburst where tables were knocked over, fists were raised and he was determined to escape from the classroom, another meeting has been called in school tomorrow. His teacher wants me to help come up with some statgies to help with his anger outbursts. This is good that she wants to discuss things, but after 3 years of trying to suggest things I'm running out of ideas. He does have a statement with 30 hours support, and you all know how much work that took to achieve that level of suport for him. It's just that it is of course never ending and right now I could do with any ideas any of you may have used.

Thanks for anything !!

Ediebee.

Hi Ediebee ,

How old is your son? Some strategies would be helpful for younger children and not secondary age children and vise versa.

Annie

xx

Hi Ediebee ,

How old is your son? Some strategies would be helpful for younger children and not secondary age children and vise versa.

Annie

xx

Thanks Annie,

our son is aged 8 now (year three/first year of juniors).

Ediebee X

Hi Ediebee,

Thanks :) . It's good that the school are willing to learn :thumbs: . I think it would help if the school could find the trigger to the meltdowns. It could be something that in the heat of the moment gets totally overlooked by the school.

The following link may help give some ideas. Some may be more suitable for older children. See what you think. Here

Annie

xx

ediebee

There's a good book that could help for school called 'Asperger Syndrome and Difficult Moments: Practical Solutions for Tantrums, Rage and Meltdowns' by Myles and Southwick. It helps to identify triggers and problems they may have overlooked.

I know that doesn't help for tomorrow but perhaps you could suggest they get a copy.

Barefoot

ediebee

There's a good book that could help for school called 'Asperger Syndrome and Difficult Moments: Practical Solutions for Tantrums, Rage and Meltdowns' by Myles and Southwick. It helps to identify triggers and problems they may have overlooked.

I know that doesn't help for tomorrow but perhaps you could suggest they get a copy.

Barefoot

Many thanks Annie and barefoot wend,

Tomorrow will be easier just for having some information to take along so we can look at it together. Thanks so much for your replies, I feel a bit stronger for tomorrow already. There's nothing like getting support from those who really understand.

Thanks so much,

Ediebee X