Sign in to follow this  
Alexandra

safe to travel form

We are of to America in May, so rang the airline

just to check a few things, the lady was very nice and helpful,

but said they need a form from Our GP to say that M is safe to fly

and he won't be a danger to others on the flight, Is this normal? I had to be

honest and say yes he can be violent, he's only 9 and tiny for his age, but usually on medication he's ok.

really worried now, Help ... :(

Guest flutter

never heard of it before sorry

i just took my dd on plane and i have to say it never crossed my mind to tell them at booking

did tell them at checking in tho so we could get on plane quicker

i wouldnt worry too much i will have a mooch online and see if i can find anything for you but others will have more advice

x

foudn this may help u

http://www.nas.org.uk/nas/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=1064&a=7246

Edited by flutter

Hi Alexandra, if you're worried about how your lad will cope with the flight it should be possible to get a mild sedative from your gp to give to him during the flight. I know a lady who did this when she took her little girl over to the US for a therapeutic programme. She knew her little girl wouldn't cope with being on a plane for that long and would become very violent and a danger to herself and others.

Good luck. Hope you enjoy it. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Last year I took a tour to Europe with my son and the travel agency asked me the same questions. The reason was, according to them, that the travel insurance doesn't cover preexisting conditions so I had to sign a paper accepting that any harm caused to him, other people or property as result of his ASD would not be included in the insurance policy.

A mild sedative would be a good idea in case your daughter is too scared or agitated and it would be worth asking your GP. Melatonin usually calms my son when he's nervous.

Good luck!

CurraX