Cat

Does your child have a Statement - update

Does your child have a Statement?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. If you child has a dx of ASD do they also have a Statment

• Yes
    • No

hi chris do you think that it benefited you with being statemented. if so could you tell me in what way i dont have a clue about these things and my son is to be statemented when he gets back to school thanks very much for your help. he is dyslexic as well as awaiting diagnosis for aspergers 8 years old. thanks again.

My statement certainly helped towards my much improved conduct I notice today, largely because the statement, produced just before secondary school, recommended for me to have support during my time at this new school. Without the statement I would not have received the 7.5 hours compulsory learning support assistance per week (in the form of a special needs assistant in lessons). Also I probably wouldnt have had the assistance out of that 7.5 hours. Consequently my poor behaviour and bullying from fellow pupils would have been maintained, and my social confidence would continue to be much eroded. University would never be on the options list without being statemented as I would have been out of control, even by today. Since my statement being given it has taken me around 4 years to eradicate my major behavioural problems, and I am still working on some of the minor issues involving anxiety, so my programme of improvement still isnt finished. It is no quick solution, but the statement really is a lifesaver to some, it can not only improve the child by recommending the support he/she needs, but it can go so far as to improve the relations of a whole family.