bazz

information on Autism and Aspergers syndrome

My family has been on the Aspergers journey for 12 years now, and one thing that had surprised was me was the lack of comprehensive resources for parents in the first year or two after diagnosis. I am a social worker and now that I am semi-retired, decided to spend some time developing the sort of website that would have helped us so much in the early days - see http://www.autism-help.org/index.htm

There are over 250 fact sheets and personal stories covering the main issues we parents face, so I hope this may be of help. I'd welcome any stories from parents who would like to help others with their hard-won experience. These can be emailed to me at barrykmorris@hotmail.com

regards

Barry Morris

Edited by baddad

Hi Barry -

I've edited your post so the direct link to the site works...

It looks a very useful resource :notworthy:

Many thanks

BD :D

BTW - feel free to add a link to us on your links page too! :)

Edited by baddad

hi all, i am in need of some information. i need to know if any1 knows were in London and how i can get accessed for as.

if any1 knows any information on accessors in the London area then please feel free to reply >:D<<'>

thank you, chicken

hi all, i am in need of some information. i need to know if any1 knows were in London and how i can get accessed for as.

if any1 knows any information on accessors in the London area then please feel free to reply >:D<<'>

thank you, chicken

Are you looking for adult or child assessment?

What research have you done already? It's definately not an easy process to go through, particularly if you are taking an NHS route. Either NHS or private, you may need to be prepared to travel some distance (potentially out of London).

hi, i am looking for a child (12) assesment. i am trying to get it through nhs and dont mind travelling out of london.

thanx for your reply,

:thumbs: chicken.

hi, i am looking for a child (12) assesment. i am trying to get it through nhs and dont mind travelling out of london.

thanx for your reply,

:thumbs: chicken.

Hi. sorry, can't help with a child assessment, I only know about adult assessments. But, there are lots of wonderful parents on here who will be able to help. You might get more of a response if you post in the 'help and advice' sub-forum - I think more people read that one.

Mumble :)

Hi. sorry, can't help with a child assessment, I only know about adult assessments. But, there are lots of wonderful parents on here who will be able to help. You might get more of a response if you post in the 'help and advice' sub-forum - I think more people read that one.

Mumble :)

Hi All,

I am new to the forum, but just noticed that you know about adults' assessment; is it possible to forward some information we live in surrey but can go to London or other surrounding areas.

Many thanks

My family has been on the Aspergers journey for 12 years now, and one thing that had surprised was me was the lack of comprehensive resources for parents in the first year or two after diagnosis. I am a social worker and now that I am semi-retired, decided to spend some time developing the sort of website that would have helped us so much in the early days - see http://www.autism-help.org/index.htm

There are over 250 fact sheets and personal stories covering the main issues we parents face, so I hope this may be of help. I'd welcome any stories from parents who would like to help others with their hard-won experience. These can be emailed to me at barrykmorris@hotmail.com

regards

Barry Morris

I found your site just tonight, its a great website, loads of info and issue ideas, like punishment, behaviour stratagies, ect..

Its a great site so just letting you know and let others know its well worth a good look.

http://www.autism-help.org/

JsMum