Sign in to follow this  
Flora

Anybody else as obsessed as I am

Anybody else here well 'into' Harry Potter?

I was dead relieved when I mentioned to a friend how I have all my Potter books lined up and am in the process of reading them for the third time in preperation for the final book coming out in July, and she said she was doing exactly the same!! :rolleyes:

I'm trying to work out various scenarios of what might happen in the finalli. Hoping that it will all fit together.

Anbody else this sad or is it just me, Bill and one of my friends???? :D

Anybody else spend too much time wondering:

-what Snape's significance is? I'm convinced he's related to Harry in some way... but is he good or bad? The evidence so far is about 50/50 as so much of it could be taken either way.

-When Snape killed Dumbledore was that what he and Dumbledore had agreed?

-Who the heck is Crookshanks? I'm convinced that he is a Wizard who transfigures into a cat and he will turn out to be someone significant.

-Is Sirius Black really dead? Or does going 'beyond the veil' mean he will return?

-Will the story go full circle and end up with Harry being the baddy?

oooooh, and it just goes on.... one futile thought after another.

I just can't wait until July :D

Hi Flora,

My daughter has been a big Harry Potter fan and a good few years ago I'd read the books at bedtime for her - I really enjoyed them all and the films too - bit sad that I don't read to my big daughter anymore now as I read to my little one whose only 4 and not quite into Harry Potter yet - more like Horrid Henry!!!!

I've always thought Snape is somehow connected too - and inclined to think he's more good that he makes out to be......

Roll on July,

Take care

Jb

Anybody else here well 'into' Harry Potter?

I was dead relieved when I mentioned to a friend how I have all my Potter books lined up and am in the process of reading them for the third time in preperation for the final book coming out in July, and she said she was doing exactly the same!! :rolleyes:

I'm trying to work out various scenarios of what might happen in the finalli. Hoping that it will all fit together.

Anbody else this sad or is it just me, Bill and one of my friends???? :D

And I thought I was the only sad, middle-aged old bug*er who ought to know better!

Re-reading the lot and doing exactly the same as you. Me and J are busting to get to July for the next film and last book. Let's compare notes as we go along, eh?!

Karen

x

Not really got time to post on other threads but guess who is looking anyway. :rolleyes:

I've read all the Harry Potter books so far. I was forced into it by a Year 4 class a while after the first one came out. They made me promise I'd read it. They had got rather used to me always having 'Lord of the Rings' with me hence knew I quite liked reading. I've enjoyed the HP books but am not as obsessed as a lot of people. More than happy to wait for one of my friends to read it and then borrow the new book of them. Now if it was Tolkien it would be a different matter. Not managed to find time to read my nice new collectors edition of 'Children of Hurin' yet though.

We're all Potter fans here too Flora. :thumbs:

I can't make my mind up about Snape either - there is a reason why Dumbledore has trusted him all along but I can't work out what it is. Perhaps he had a hand in saving Harry when his parents died? I think Dumbledore's death was something prearranged between them.

I think it's been revealed that two significant characters will die in this book. I think one might be Hagrid - what do others think?

Can't wait for the next film - I think Dolores Umbridge is a brilliant villain - I hope they've done her well.

Two sites which you might enjoy (if you haven't found them already!):

http://www.mugglenet.com/

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/

K x

I think it's been revealed that two significant characters will die in this book. I think one might be Hagrid - what do others think?

Me too. I reckon the giants will get him.

It depends on what they consider 'significant'. I have my concerns about Ron and Hermione, maybe even Ginny as she's Harry's love-interest. I reckon a Weasley will cop it for sure - there are too many of them to get off lightly.

And what about all those dark objects that Kreacher stowed away when they were cleaning out Grimmauld Place? I remember thinking there'd be some significance in those later in the book (Order of the Phoenix) but they were never mentioned again.

Sometimes it's hard to decide whether JK is just waffling or giving hints at something that will be relevant for future books. She does tend to ramble a bit when she gets into her stride.

Karen

x