Sign in to follow this  
hev

another question!!!!!

that link kathryn gAVE ME WAS BRILL,LOADS OF SCHOOLS NEARER THAN DEVON,WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS CAN I EMAIL SCHOOLS DIRECT OR DO I DO IT THROUGH MY LEA TO ARRANGE VISITS?OR SHALL I CONTACT MY HORRIBLE LEA LADY AND GET HER TO CALL THEM?

Best to do it yourself I think. You can contact schools any time to have a chat about your situation, ask about the range of children they cater for and whether they might have a place, and ask them to send you information. Also ask if they have any children from your LEA - that will give you some idea of whether your LEA would be willing to fund a place there.

Most schools will be happy to arrange for you to look round. At this stage you don't have to involve the LEA - just tell them you're looking at other schools.

K x

Edited by Kathryn

thanks k,seeing as im looking for a school nearer than devon is it not in the lea best interest for him to be nearer ,cutting down on transport costs?or does it not work like that?thanks

Hi Hev

Yes, you would think the LEA would want to place him in a closer school to cut transport costs. It depends on the cost of the placement, I suppose, - the Devon school may be cheaper than other schools which are closer, but I'm guessing here! You'd have to ask your "horrible" LEA person why they think this particular school would be best.

K x

ive looked through that website k and found a school in east sussex who going to ring me back to arrange for me to have a look around,would be lot better than devon