Sign in to follow this  
rainbow queen

CAMHS -told me son has asd

well today at our latest camhs appointment i have been told that my son has a asd.

its not down in black and white mind....but they will be writing up the reports.

as people might of remembered from me that school was the ones who said there was no signs at all......well they have been into school to watch my son in class and in the playground ,and they are agreeing hes showing signs but covering it up well.

next step is there is going to be a meeting at school with me and people from the camhs team ...ect

i had to ask them twice to repeat what they had said to me.......yes it is asd.................

even though i knew all along it seems weird hearing it after 6 long years after being brushed off time and time again....ect..

so i want to give a big thank you to this forum because you and the posts i have read over the past year and so are the ones that gave me the strength to carry on even in times when no one was listening...... >:D<<'> >:D<<'> :notworthy::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

regards RQ xxx

Hi rainbow queen,

It must be a relief to get this news and to have your own thoughts and observations confirmed at last. Even so, it'll take a while to sink in - take care of yourself. >:D<<'> .

It's good that Camhs are getting involved on the education side, I hope the school listen and take note and that your son will feel the benefit soon.

K x

Edited by Kathryn

It's smashing that you have finally been listened to RQ...such a long time to be fighting :( Hope the meet at school goes really well and they take on board the dx and get some appropriate support in place. Take care and give yourself time >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

That's been a long 6 years for you guys, now you finally have a DX you can at last move forward and as you know everyone here will help you along the way. Although you knew something was not quite right this dx will still be a shock and take a while to sink in and get used to, so take your time and look after yourself.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x