kazemporium

Free tickets and passes when getting DLA

HI

I know when your child is receiving DLA you can get free cinema passes, passes to theme parks so they dont have to queue etc. Does anyone have any info on these types of things. Someone did give me some details before but i cant find them.

Thanks

Karen

Theme parks- DLA not necessary - Tussauds(Chessington, Thorpe, Alton, Warwick Castle, Tussauds, The Eye, Heide Parke germany and one in Spain) - upon proof of disability- will need something in writing - eg dx letter or presumably DLA- you get an interchangeable carers pass which has a photo of the person with a disability on it and so the carer can only attend when the disabled person is present but it does mean that the carer can be different each time. Also they have an exit pass system - obtained from guest services- you need proof of why difficult to wait in queues whether adhd, asd, wheelchair user although I have seen deaf people using this system so perhaps its just about disability. Nb if you don't buy an annual pass you get two carers at a reduced rate.

With the exit pass if you have two disabled persons and carers insist on two separate exit passes as they run on a time basis so if you have children that want to go on different rides one isnt always waiting around - we had to argue the point on the first occasion but they conceded.

Legoland - carer gets in free - so if you buy an annual pass for the disabled person the carer gets to go in free each time - they have a stricter requirement for the exit pass as they are very wheelchair friendly - you have to show difficulty waiting in queues- again obtained from quest services. Again if two disabled persons get two exit passes- Legoland did this without question.

No idea about Cinema but think its linked to DLA.

We have passes for the parks and find it a great cheap day out (as we live quite close to the southern ones)if you take your own drinks and food (there are lockers).

Thanks for your info

Karen

We've got the cinema pass, its great.

We've also got a NOW card (check your local authority) for the bus. JP pays nothing within the boundary, & 50p to cross the boundary. Just had to take proof of DLA to local office.