Sign in to follow this  
lisa35

additives

Just looking for advice,my son seems generally worse after certain things, especially coke(obviously!!)

Ive read so much re additives , but just wonder which are the major ones, just for me to begin with and Ill try to omit and see if helps

To be honest I have noticed if I dont use the "cook in sauces"- you know the ones ! he seems better

Not sure if my imagination!

Thnks

Lisa

Just looking for advice,my son seems generally worse after certain things, especially coke(obviously!!)

Ive read so much re additives , but just wonder which are the major ones, just for me to begin with and Ill try to omit and see if helps

To be honest I have noticed if I dont use the "cook in sauces"- you know the ones ! he seems better

Not sure if my imagination!

Thnks

Lisa

Hi Lisa -

additives - bit of a 'catch-all' there, 'cos there are so many things that can cause problems and they're not all additives as such...

Food intolerances: Biggies seem to be Gluten and dairy + caffeine and then all of the major allergens (but the allergens can also be full blown 'allergies', which are different, IYKWIM.)

Then you get food colourings and stuff (all the E's etc)

and then things like sweeteners and flavour enhancers (aspartame/monosodium glutamate [msg] etc)

and then you get 'helpful' stuff like Omega 3's , salt baths and stuff...

if you go to the 'dietary' section of the medication forum you'll find absolutely TONS of threads covering all the different aspects and a variety of links to other resources within them. Have a good mung through there, and if anything sounds particlularly relevent that's a good place to start 'investigating'...

L&P

BD :D