Sign in to follow this  
KateBall

Trampoline

Cost us a bit - but not as much as we thought it might - got a 10ft trampoline (with side netting) (from Focus diy). Took us 6 hours to put it together (we're dimwits :rolleyes: ) and to see the look on ds face when he came home to find it in garden was amazing. He loves it - except it gets wet in the rain and he throws a paddy when that happens. Not sure if I can put a gazebo over it. Anyone found a cover for a 10ft trampoline or got any ideas?

Hiya, glad he liked it and I can sympathise with putting it up!! - u need a small army!

We have the samne trouble with the trampoline getting wet...we're thinking of trying one of those huge tarparlines now - scuse the spelling! :(....like the ones u throw over cars etc..I've seen you can get waterproof ones of those so we're going to look into that.

A large light weight ground sheet from a camping shop would probably work, plus if you could get one with eyelets you should be able to secure it with a bungee cord.

Mumble :)

p.s. - can I come and play or am I too old??!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

A large light weight ground sheet from a camping shop would probably work, plus if you could get one with eyelets you should be able to secure it with a bungee cord.

Mumble :)

p.s. - can I come and play or am I too old??!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Depends how agile you are! I managed to roll on and then when I bounced my knees felt like they were hitting a concrete floor - then I couldn't get off! Had to get the step ladder. It was all very traumatic - yet it looked so easy and fun. Don't be fooled. :jester:

Guest Lya of the Nox

u have to be careful with the rain tho

he will have wet feet and that will make it slippy?

but ours have great fun with theirs, and son has just started working in a large chain and is working hard on dad to get a bigger one!!!

was the best money i spent for sure

have fun

xxx

ooh but dont bounce after a glass or two when hubby has a new camera :oops:

Depends how agile you are! I managed to roll on and then when I bounced my knees felt like they were hitting a concrete floor - then I couldn't get off! Had to get the step ladder. It was all very traumatic - yet it looked so easy and fun. Don't be fooled. :jester:

Heehee :lol: I don't think I'll ever get old (I certainly don't feel any older than when I was a kid!!) - a bit of Peter Pan Syndrome I think!!!

Now have you tried this (and some expert will have to explain the physics or whatever behind it) - Jump on the trampline for 5 minutes or so, get (fall) off, then try to jump on the ground - your feet don't (or hardly don't) come off the ground - never understood that!!!!

Bouncy Mumble :bounce: :bounce:

You do get those trampoline tent things - not sure how that would work re bouncing though LOL They are like a huge dome over the top. Remember and stake it down too as ours blew over the wall into our neighbours and wedged itself between their kitchen and conservatory - how it avoided breaking the windows I dont know!

Lynne x

Heehee :lol: I don't think I'll ever get old (I certainly don't feel any older than when I was a kid!!) - a bit of Peter Pan Syndrome I think!!!

Now have you tried this (and some expert will have to explain the physics or whatever behind it) - Jump on the trampline for 5 minutes or so, get (fall) off, then try to jump on the ground - your feet don't (or hardly don't) come off the ground - never understood that!!!!

Bouncy Mumble :bounce: :bounce:

Ha Ha - I'll have a go later when its not so wet outside (whenever that will be)!

Edited by KateBall

You do get those trampoline tent things - not sure how that would work re bouncing though LOL They are like a huge dome over the top. Remember and stake it down too as ours blew over the wall into our neighbours and wedged itself between their kitchen and conservatory - how it avoided breaking the windows I dont know!

Lynne x

What "trampoline tent things"? Perhaps I'll do a search on the internet.

Oh my god - I didn't think it could get blown around.

I have a 13ft trampoline and enclosure in its box waiting to go up!! Please dont tell me its that difficult to put up haha

The hardest bit we found was stretching the actual trampoline mat across and fixing in place with the springs. We didn't read the instructions properly and we were trying to pull the mat into place instead of using the tool supplied to stretch the springs into place. Once we realised that - it was much easier. Good luck!! Its worth it in the end.

What "trampoline tent things"? Perhaps I'll do a search on the internet.

Oh my god - I didn't think it could get blown around.

http://www.airlaunch.co.uk/product_details...619&cpage=1 these - although they can't be used with the enclosure it seems.

And yes, they definitely can get blown. The enclosure nets act like a sail so they're much easier to blow over than you'd think LOL

All I do with ben's is turn it on it's side. The legs prop it up and stop it falling over and the mat doesn't get wet. His has been in the back garden for five years now and it hasn't harmed it at all. Not so easy if you've got a round one, but I'd be cautious about covering it for long periods as trapped moisture would probably effect it more than getting wet and drying off(?)

Have fun! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

My lad has had one for a few years, it's a job keeping him off it ! The netting thing is wasted time, because he is a lot bigger now, and the safety netting didn't appear all that strong . At a friends he used their trampoline with the netting on and he launched himself at it, and but for the hedge alongside, he would have fell straight to the floor as it collapsed under his weight, and he was wrapped in it like a floundering fish !

Guest Lya of the Nox

well our 8 foot one has a home

so there is a bigger one coming soon

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: