jomica

Repairing scratched disks

http://www.mcgee-flutes.com/scratches.html

A couple of weeks ago I asked on another forum whether anyone could recommend a way of repairing scratched disks. I don't know whether you find this but DS (10) loves his PS2 but cannot get the idea of treating the disks with care. They end up scratched, he gets very upset and rages, and I end up going on eBay to source more disks.

In desperation - we're currently stoney broke - I asked about repairs. I was recommended to use Brasso (see the link above for instructions).

I've followed the instructions now for five separate disks - all of them appeared so scratched that the machine couldn't play them - and all of them now work.

I find it really difficult to get DS to learn how to treat his disks properly. He thinks he's being careful, but manual dexterity is a real problem for him and he often doesn't remember how to do things he's been taught (having an added problem about retrieving stored information). So this is a real boon to me.

Thought I'd share it in case anyone else finds it useful ......

:)

Edited by jomica

Thanks Jomica, that's really useful :)

This is a problem in our house - disks don't get put away. I'll try it next time we have a damaged one.

K x

Thanks Jomica, that's really useful :)

This is a problem in our house - disks don't get put away. I'll try it next time we have a damaged one.

K x

Ditto here. Disks never ever get put away...until Mum does it. Thanks for the tip!

ddh