Sign in to follow this  
pingu

We've adopted jess

Hi everyone.

I dont know if you remember jess. (the cute looking black and white cat that homed with us before the holiday)

Well we got back off holiday to find she had hung around for us, so i did the decent thing and forced her in the cat basket for a trip to the vets. it turned out that she was already chipped and the owners were contacted. I was dreading them picking her up as the kids have grown to love her.

anyway that same night the real owners called round with some history before collecting her. they said that she is a year old, nutured and vaccinated, they bought her and her sister but "jess" didnt come back one night, they said the other cat had been pining for her missing sibling and was grateful that we had looked after her.

the kids were gutted but i could stop them taking her, which they did. i was mopping tears when the phone rang to ask if we could have her after all as she was going crazy at the owners house. the sister cat was attacking her and she was so nervous that she wouldnt let anyone near her. they brought her back and she has now well and truely made her home here.

We have to change the ownership but then she will be ours. Horrrayyyyyy.

My only concern now is that for as much as he likes the cat, kieran has started to bully the poor animal. he kicked her today and then insisted it was an accident. he has also been asking lots of questions about weather or not the cat minds been bullied and if its fair.. i tell him its not and try and get him to respect the poor animal, and he does for a while full of loves and kisses, but then his mood changes and he goes for her.

After all we have been through with this poor cat and looking at her now all curled up in the comfort and security of the chair, she belongs here, but im scared he will hurt her.

So good news is... the cat choose us and we can keep her, bad news is kieran tries to do things to her to see what her reaction is.

hmmmmm.

take care

shaz

Awwww nice feeling to be "chosen" Don't know what to suggest about Kieran maybe his testing a few boundaries, just something else to keep an eye on I guess.

Enjoy your new kitty.

Clare x x x

Edited by Clare63

Maybe a bit harsh but you might have to explain to him that if he is going to be cruel to her then she will have to go, after all he could cause her some serious damage. hopefully he will realise he cant do it anymore.

Im glad she chose you, she is obviously happy there :D I love my cats they are sooo peaceful and could never be without one :D