becci

i am having an op

ok im going in to hospital on monday lunch time for a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy for endometriosis.i have explained to aaron that this is happening and he seems fine,but...i may have to stay overnight and aaron has real seperation issues.how can i reassure him that.a. im not going to die,and b.that im coming back?

can i just point out also that bless him he is currently doing the housework for me as im in pain today.can everyone give him anonline well done for doing this off his own back>xxxxxx

Aaron,

Wow what a great son you are, helping your Mum with housework, well done for doing it without her asking you to do it. You must love your Mum very much, she will be back from hospital before you know it and its important that you are a strong and brave lad whilst she is in hospital being made better. Just think how extra special it will be when she comes home.

Well done

:clap::clap::clap::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::clap::clap::clap:

Becci,

Sorry to hear you are in pain today wishing you all the best for Monday and a speedy recovery.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

Guest Lya of the Nox

my dd coped well when i had all my bits done for endo

she never ever wanted to visit me tho, so i tried to come out the same day

just tell him that the docs are gonna try and make u better and you will come home as soon as possible

find a photo of u so he can still " see you" and maybe make a tape or video, or something similar if you can,

buy a bear or soft toy that has to be looked after for you while you are in??

will be thinking of you, hope the surgery goes well, and REST afterwards, as much as you can

I was in hospital for a week last October (taken in in the middle of the night so no chance for a warning) and my AS son surprised me. He's very clingy and very much a Mummy's boy - I thought having me away and dp caring for him and not doing all the usual things I do would be terrible for him.

However he seemed to understand on a very practical and unemotional level - I was poorly and needed to be in hospital and that was that. It's hard to explain, it was just a case of Mammy's not there and that's that. He only like coming in to visit me as he got sweets from the hosptial shop, once they were eaten he was bored and wanted to go home!

It so wasn't the reaction I expected as we're so close, but it did highlight to me how his brain works very practically.

I hope you get a similar surprise and that things go well and you're in and out very quickly.

thankyou everyone for your replies and clare thankyou so much for your message for aaron,you made his day.i am really nervous now about the op even though its only a minor one i am still scared.in a lot of pain today so going to bed early and hoping aaron will sleep all night!!!!