Sign in to follow this  
Annea

Blackpool Pleasure Beach

We are due to spend a week in Blackpool thanks to fam fund. We want to do the pleasure Beach but wonder at other peoples experience with a child with Aspergers?

My dd hates queues and hustle bustle and after Orlando and the caring treatment received there, I am worried it will be just a big anti climax?

Anyone?

Anne

we regulary visit blackpool and the pleasure beech because its only an hour and a half away from where i live.

My son is 13 and copes resonably well,we tend to buy the wrist bands that entitle you to ride all day all the rides as many times as you want its a lot better value specially as they do discounts for the whole family you safe quiete a bit.

Im not sure if they do any special things if say youre child cannot waite in ques because weve never bothered asking.The longest weve had to waite is around 30 minutes to get on a ride but theres normally rides specially not eh big ones that you can just walk straight onto.

My son is quiete good at waiting though and as long as im with him he does ok.

I hope you have a good time and the weather is nice.

Get to the park early to avoide the big ques it peaks and troughs throughout the day but the beauty of the wrist band is you can leave the park go for something to eat take a walk and then return when ever you feel like it thats what we do.

The queues are nothing like the queues you get at other theme parks. Other theme parks charge an entry fee and then you queue for hours because they already have your money. Blackpool charge per ride, so they earn their money by getting you onto the ride as quickly as possible.

I was there in April with my younger son, who isn't autistic, so I can't share any experiences from that perspective.

Although the park was busy, I didn't notice any particularly long queues for any of the rides, and the park covers a wide area so it didn't feel unpleasantly crowded. We hadn't bought wristbands, but my son got on all the rides he wanted to. I don't know what August is like though: we're probably going again next week when we visit my dad in Bolton, so I'll find out, I expect!

Have a great time, Anne. We only spent a day there but thoroughly enjoyed it. It was an unseasonally hot day, which helped. My son loved the pleasure beach, the actual beach, the horse and cart ride along the front and the Dr Who exhibition. We were shattered at the end of the day, and my 80 year old Dad was still trying to persuade us to climb the tower! :hypno::lol:

K x