hev

what would you have done?

i went to a bbq today with katie,the bbq was for nicks neice,the neices other aunt was there from her mums side of family,she was v drunk,anyway she cant have children and she kept saying to my sis in law you dont know how lucky you are to have kids but she was saying it nasty,i went out there and she said the same to me and i said course i do,she kept saying you dont understand and i said no obviously i dont and i cant imagine what shes going through,she looked at me and kept saying oh you dont give a **** :o i understood she was drunk and left it,ive regretted things ive said in drink loads of times

anyway i was talking to my sis in law and i was telling her that my sister lost 2 children aged 3 and 4 in a house fire and this woman went oh lucky her at least she could have kids in the first place :angry::angry::angry: i was so livid and i said so if anything god forbid happened to my katie i would be lucky would i,i felt like getting her by the throat and the girl whose party it was come out and said stop rowing with everyone to this woman,i didnt want to upset the party girl so i left it but its playing on my mind that i should have gone mental at her,she kept telling people to shut the eff up all night she was vile and i cant sleep now cos i feel like shes got away with it,ive never had a fight,i like to get on with everyone,lifes hard enough,i cant even pretend i know whats shes going through not having kids but i hate the woman now and feel like phoning her up in the morning to go mad,her husband kept apologising but its made me so fuming

Hev, this lady sounds like she's is very unhappy, and probably the inability to have children is just the tip of the iceberg. Drink makes you say things you later regret, and her hubby must of been so upset to witness it. It was a disgraceful way to behave and her comment regarding the loss of your sister's two children in a house fire is appalling............I hope she finds the help she needs. Try not to fume about it, she will have her own demons to deal with, and I'm sure she won't feel good about herself tomorrow morning.

You behaved in a better way, by not reacting, so don't beat yourself up hun >:D<<'>

Hi

From what you've said, I'd put her insensitivity purely down to the drink. Sounds like she was feeling particularly sorry for herself. I'd take it with a pinch of salt and let it go. If she said the same when sober, I wouldn't be so charitable!

Caroline.

Guest Lya of the Nox

>:D<<'>

not being able to have kids can put a very warped persepctive on your outlook

i know this from the other forum i use :crying:

you did the right thing,

i know when u come home u wish u had said something, but consider how u would feel if u had said soemthing hurtfull and now really regret it

u are a goo dperson

x