Sign in to follow this  
Stephanie

Changes in Six Year Olds

I have read on here a few comments from people with 6 year olds. Is this a time of great change in an ASD kids life?

I only ask because over the last 12 months I have noticed my son (now 6 and a half) seems to have developed a lot of the more text book autistic mannerisms ... speech volume, jabbers to himself a lot, over obsessive, over anxious, talks constantly about tamagotchis whether anyone is listening or not, sensory auditory problems, bossy, challenges other kids a lot.

He has also reverted back to jumping up and down when he is excited ... which he hasn't done for the last 2 years.

Is this a normal thing? There was me hoping, he was going to lose a lot of his autistic traits and not gain some!

Stephanie

my son is 6 nearly 7, he too has changed alot this year, more agressive, more obsessive, shouting, if he doesn't want to do something getting very angry with us.

i was going to put a post up similar to this asking the same question. i don't have any answers, just keep persevering. its hard though.

Jo