Sign in to follow this  
ellisisamazing

Major Buggy

After finally getting to sleep around 4.30 this morning due to El's allnighters of non sleep, I was woken by a phone call at 7.50am...it was the the local OT department with a cancellation appointment today for 10.30am, yay!, El is finally getting a buggy!

We have been waiting since April, though he needed it long before then and we were told at the time, due to lack of resources we would waiting till next Jan for a fitting appointment and the buggy issue. I am elated that we have been slotted in, I was about to look into buying one ourselves because this summer has been horrendous, we have barely been out. El has been really obsessive and wanting to mouth everything, dirt, sand, dust, cars, wheels, glass...anything hazardous and just yesterday he ran into the road three times even though on a wrist strap!

Just wanted to share as I am really pleased, but looking really grey haired after the past six weeks....lots of RECITAL is required!!! :lol:

Fingers crossed now that the DLA reconsideration appeal works now, and El will hopefully be allowed High Rate rather than Middle care, staying up every night is a real pain! The NHS should offer BOTOX/SURGERY for carers! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

If they did, knowing my luck, I would look like this :ph34r:

Lisa xx