Sign in to follow this  
llisa32

Hmmm.....First impressions of new teacher

Well...got to school this morning, had to traipse round cos they'd moved the year 3 classrooms from where they'd said they were gonna be, then found out he has a 'new to the school' teacher! :wallbash:

We were told who his teachers were going to be before they broke up and I was happy that he already knew both of them which ever form he ended up in - yet he got the new one!

And she was 'drippy!...thats my best description I can manage...she had no idea what was on the timetable for today and had to look it up etc. Just on general first impression she seemed in a fluster, and seemed like she had no idea which kids she was expecting or what she was doing with them!

To be fair J didn't seem that bothered, he was more interested in the fact he'd spotted several of his fav peers in his class and went and sat next to one of them and was busy chatting away when I left.

Fingers crossed j enjoys first day back, and that mrs drippy turns out not to be so 'drippy!

few highs to report for first day back today.

Teacher that seemed 'drippy' this morning has got a reprieve :)....seems she was only told 2 days ago that she got the job and apprently is a well respected 'traditional' teacher from another large grammer school.

When I picked J up he'd just come out of a science lesson and loved that, he also had geography today and loved that :)

His teacher had taped a lesson timetable into his diary so he can see what lessons he's got every day and what time break/lunch is etc - also tells him with what teacher etc and he was happy with his little diary :)

Theres a couple of new girls in his class and they always seem to like him :wub: and he was showing one of them around all day which I think he liked - then he had to 'save' his friend from the girls at breaktime :)

Only low was some very naughty behaviour tonight after school, one of which involved him spitting some food out behind the sofa which he's never ever done before, and he apologogised for doing it before I even knew he'd done it! He was also really tired. but bed early and fingers crossed it pans out!

Ahhhh........

drippy :) not necessarily a bad thing! The home time report bodes well: maybe she'll be great with kids/not so good with grown ups :thumbs:

Hope so......

L&P

BD :D

I have all my fingers crossed :)...have yet to find out what part of the timetable they are fitting in his lsu lessons, but suspect it will be art they kick off as he's not fussed at all about that one!

He did have a little paddy about school today...just the usual 'it's poiintless, don;t want to go, don;'t like it etc...but I know once he's there he does enjoy some of it - he's definately comfortable in the environment - even if he struggles with some of the mechanics.

Now he's got a few different teachers for different subjects it'll be interesting to see how it all pans out...I know he really likes a couple of the teachers so hopefully they'll all get used to him and find a way to get the best out of him in his own time.

First time he's had pe this week was today (after the dentist :) - so I suspect y he was keen not to return today) and he's managed to loose one set of shin pads already!