Sign in to follow this  
di30

child tax credits

Hi all :thumbs:

Read something the other day about Child tax credits, due to an error of overpayments.

To be honest I am confused about this !

We had overpayments of appox �1333 where they stopped paying us anything from April 2006 up until this year, we assumed we were not getting anything at all because this was the way they were doing it by not giving us a penny.

I note now on the award notice this year now that they have started paying something that they state they have already collected approx �195 of the overpayments..................and the rest is taken over the future years !

Hmm so how come we did not get a penny for that year then ?

I am sure I have a letter here somewhere from the year before to say they were not going to pay a penny then due to the overpayments !

So why are they still supposed to be deducting it ??

Has anyone else been in this position with these with overpayments etc ?

And about reclaiming this back if eligible how are we to know when to do this or will they do this automatically ?

Not sure though we will be eligible but for not having a penny from them then and still taking off this is really confusing ! :unsure:

Cheers Di x :thumbs: