Sign in to follow this  
Annea

More Frustrations

Hi Everyone, you are you all keeping well!

Any advice for me anyone?

As I have mentioned before my daughter goes to an RC secondary she is now in yr 9.

I was taking a claim against the school to the DRC, because of a trip that my daughter had to drop out of twice, but it is so prolonged and due to my own ill health I have been reluctant to take it all the way.

Just before school restarted I emailed the head and said I was prepared to drop the claim if he would apologise to my daughter and give me assurances that the problem would not reoccur for a third time. I also emailed the same letter to the chair of governers. Some 8 days later and I haven't even had my mail acknowledged. Do you think I should mail once again?

Since starting this term, no one has even taken my daughter to one side and asked her if she is Ok, how she is feeling, nothing! She is desperately lonley and unhappy at school, she has never had a big friends base but the few friends she did have, have now turned their backs on her.... She has asked me about home tuition, she doesn't want to be in school... On Friday she sobbed for hours when she got home and couldn't even eat any tea... I am so worried about her!

Our house is so noisy, she comes home from school so stressed and just needs to be quiet, but her brother and sisters are all full of fun and chattering and this sends her ballistic.... she has taken to lying behind the sofa to try to find a bit of 'me' space!!

I have mentioned in another post about her being assessed by an OT who might be able to offer some ideas, but I don't know how to get an OT.... I was going to ring social services this morning and ask to see if we could be referred to a social worker, but I can't even find the relevant department... they seem to be hiding!

Sorry to go on and on.... I am just so sad for her at present!

I know that there will be people here who understand what I am feeling just now!

To top it all my ex husband was talking to me last night and said... you know it would be a good idea if you started to look forward you know.... it's all right working around her, bt she needs to learn to be able to cope with all the difficulties she has!!!!

Does he think I don't spend every waking moment worrying about her future.... Should I be forcing her to tackle all these things that cause her to have such high anxiety levels.. just because she will have to cope eventually??? I do constantly look at ways she can tackle things in different ways to reduce anxiety... but he is more worried that she MUST be able to use public transport....

Feel like sticking my head in a bucket of water today! :wallbash:

Sorry for the rant....

Anne

There is nothing worse than seeing your child so unhappy.

Clearly you need to speak to the school, taking somone like Parent Partnership with you as back up/witnesses.

Also it might be an idea to take her to your GP so it is not only on record that she is anxious/stressed out but incase there is anything else the gp can do to get more support.

If the school are not supportive I would also look into getting Education Welfare involved as I feel they should be supporting parents/children in these things too.

Wish there was more I could say, except that you are not alone, my son is on Risperidone for his anxiety/depression, he has been for 2 years now (He is 12)

I really hope things get better fast

There is nothing worse than seeing your child so unhappy.

Clearly you need to speak to the school, taking somone like Parent Partnership with you as back up/witnesses.

Also it might be an idea to take her to your GP so it is not only on record that she is anxious/stressed out but incase there is anything else the gp can do to get more support.

If the school are not supportive I would also look into getting Education Welfare involved as I feel they should be supporting parents/children in these things too.

Wish there was more I could say, except that you are not alone, my son is on Risperidone for his anxiety/depression, he has been for 2 years now (He is 12)

I really hope things get better fast

Thanks Pink, My G.Pis a bit rubbish really, I have tried to get hold of her Psych team today, but ones on holiday and the other is on annual leave.

I think i will email the school once again and ask for a reply within 7 days. I have a contact in IPSEA so I will maybe ring him as well and ask his advice...

It is just so waring... I am sorry to hear your son is in a similar position.... Hope things improve for you too!

Anne

So sorry to hear about your daughter's unhappiness, Anne. My lad is in the same position, he is very lonely and unhappy and has just started in year 9 and has gotten off to a very shaky start, so I do understand how you feel. Sorry, wish I had some words of wisdom for you, but we're really struggling ourselves and we don't feel like we have any answers either. :tearful:

Very best of luck and hope you get the response and reassurance from the school that you need and deserve. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

So sorry to hear about your daughter's unhappiness, Anne. My lad is in the same position, he is very lonely and unhappy and has just started in year 9 and has gotten off to a very shaky start, so I do understand how you feel. Sorry, wish I had some words of wisdom for you, but we're really struggling ourselves and we don't feel like we have any answers either. :tearful:

Very best of luck and hope you get the response and reassurance from the school that you need and deserve. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Thanks Mel,

It seems that their are so many of us :wallbash:

I just spent an hour on the phone to my IPSEA rep, in the end I was in tears, he told me I should carry on with the DRC claim against the school and he is going to represent me at the hearing, he also spoke to my solicitor for me to ask if she could support me a bit, I am floundering and I just got stuck in the paper work montain....

I feel a bit more positive now, at least I feel I have got some professionals on my side!

I really feel for all you guys out there in the same boat as us.... Big Hugs to everyone... and good luck with your battles..........

Anne

Edited by Annea