Sign in to follow this  
jomica

Speech, language & communications review

http://www.dfes.gov.uk/pns/DisplayPN.cgi?pn_id=2007_0162

A major review into the provision of services for children and young people with speech, language and communications needs is launched today by Children, Schools and Families Secretary of State Ed Balls and Health Secretary Alan Johnson. See link above.

'bout time too!

Yes it is but how will they decide who has thiese difficulties? Part of the probel I think is that the system only likes to put 1 condition into the box and if your child has multiple things wrong the need for help with speech and communication is lost, the figures not recorded and therefore the gov dont identify the real need/

Hope that makes sense! :tearful:

I had a reakl fight on to get speech and lang put on as a need on her statement. the system just doesnt cope with it!

I wonder when they'll do a review to find out how long it takes from the start of a review to actually do anything?

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that reviews are a mechanism for politicians to quote 'facts' out of context in parliament and generally cover their own skins. They rarely seem to actually change anything for the better.