baddad

So proud!

Hi all -

quick update on ben being asked out to 'play' by kids who have different intentions...

Today he came home from school and told me that he had been asked out again and that the (iffy) kids in question would be coming round at 4.30...

Off his own back, he'd told them 'Come round, I might be able come out, but I think my dad might have arranged something else' and then he shared my concerns 'in secret whispers' with his genuine friend, who then arranged to come round too to keep an eye on things! :tearful::thumbs::notworthy:

I am soooooo proud of him for negotiating such a difficult situation so brilliantly, and for seeing all of the possible angles he needed to cover :wub:

On the down side, the genuine friend reported back that while the other kids hadn't been openly nasty to Ben they were trying to get them to sneak back into school grounds, so I know my worries are not unjustified....

Genuine friend is coming for tea tomorrow, so hopefully i'll learn more with some gentle probing then, but whatever the score with the other kids it has been a huge plus that Ben has read the situation so well, and that some of the potential damage by the 'iffies' has been offset by some major insights in social awareness. :)

Well done Ben, and well done L. You both played a blinder!

L&P

BD :D

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Well Done Ben and Well Done Dad, all that nurturing has paid off.

It's so brilliant when they learn new skills, Ben and his mate obviously work well together, looks like those iffie kids may soon learn a lesson LOL

Clare x x x

baddad :thumbs: and ben :notworthy:

A very important skill to acquire when negotiating the minefield of life.... well worth cracking open a bottle of guiness :thumbs:

flozza X

Awww - gawd bless 'im! :notworthy::thumbs:

M's approach isn't so subtle - he just says 'No - 'coz mummy said you're not a good friend to have, and i only want good ones.. So you can go away now'

We're working on it.............................. :unsure::rolleyes:

:D>:D<<'>

Wow :notworthy:

Obviously inherited his dads sophistication & savoir faire B):lol:

Seriously, well done that lad. JP still struggles with this kind of stuff at 18, & I think always will.