Sign in to follow this  
Cariad

A day without Ritalin

Well I asked for a prescription and it came so late I only have 2 slow release ones left. I told the DH to give him one 10mg of ritalin to save the other two for his new school until I get the presciption cleared at the chemist (hard to get hold of apparently). OMG!!!!!!! today has been a living nightmare, he has bitten scratched, kicked, and screamed through the day. He is like an animal. I have bruises in my shins when I tried to cut his nails for school tomorrow as he drew blood on his dad's arm today.

Has anyone missed a dose or a day and had this?

NEVER AGAIN!

Yeah we did when our girl was assessed by a professional who wanted to see her unmedicated. She was all over the place, and by the time she could have her meds, it took a very long time to have any effect.

There are days where it seems like she has not had the meds, but its not until you see unmedicated you realise just how well the meds are working! My girl is like a toally different child, unmedicated she struggles to put sentances together.