Sign in to follow this  
Confusedmum

My DD has her Dx

We only started DD assessment for Aspergers mid July this year.

Our first appointment was at a child development where a peadiatrican (sp?), Psychologist and SALT did a combined assessment which involved taking a family history, the pead spent about an hour playing/chatting with DD, asked us alot of questions about what dd likes/dislikes ect. The out come of this meeting was that DD possibly has AS.

Two weeks later we had an appointment with the Psychologist for DD to have an IQ test, the out come of this was that DD was highly likely/most probable to have AS, we agreed to see how DD got on at school and we would go back Dec/Jan for them to give us Diagnosis, However DD started school just last week and she has had a few problems stettling in, and school ask me if i could ring CDC to see if they could bring DD appointment forward so that school can apply for a statement for DD as they feel that she need extra help. So i rang DD Psychologist last week and over the phone she agreed that CDC will give DD a Dx of Aspergers she will amend there report (which stated Probable AS) and we will recieve it in about 7-10 days.

So Thats that, im quite shocked really i thought that we have this big formal meeting with them and it would be all official and things, but no, it has all been done over the phone. :o

It's good news as far as getting support is concerned, that everyone has moved quickly to nail the dx. You'll feel a bit strange until you've had a chance to absorb it all, I expect.

It happened a bit like that for us too - very suddenly and almost casually, the announcement that my daughter had AS was dropped into the conversation at her assessment. We'd long been expecting it, but it was a weird feeling.

Look after yourself >:D<<'>

K x