Nic m

SHOES

hello all,

I just wanted to offer hope to all of you with children who find it difficult to get shoes to fit.

My Daughter currently has 6 pairs of shoes and 2 pairs of boots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is because she has reached the magic size 3 and adult shoes seem to be much more narrow than childrens.

For the first time ever she has shoes in a colour other than black or navy.We are in shoe heaven! She bought turquoise flatties today with not a bit of bother. My bank balance may look back fondly to the days of trying to find one pair to fit but i am so happy for her just now i will continue to let Imelda spend spend spend.

Nicola

Thanks Pearl,

I will take her into New look soon and try to get out before she does resemble Imelda!

You're so lucky, Nic, I'm so jealous!! :lol: My lad has ridiculously narrow feet (C/D) and a size 4. Girls shoes are narrower than boys, you can get girls in a D, but you're lucky to even find an E in boys and usually they start at F, grrrrrrrrrrrr! :wallbash: A few years ago I was so desperate I was even looking around at the girls shoes to see if there were any that weren't pink that would be suitable, but no luck! Think I'm gonna have to bind his feet up in bandages to flesh them out a bit and then we might have a chance of finding a pair that might stay on him! :wacko::lol:

~ Mel ~

I know how you feel my girl is a c width with an even narrower heel!!! i dont know how your boy is with socks my girl cant stand thick socks but she puts up with them for skating and ski-ing could you try the ski socks to pad his feet out a bit they are quite soft but do add a bit of bulk.There are some funky wee walking boots about as well just now that might be of use if he would wear them and also running shoes are quite narrow but laces are an issue with my girl.

Good luck with your continuing hunt.

Nicola