shortcake

help with statement

mornin all!

I got in the post today Ryans proposed statment giving him 25 hrs of support now does this mean 25hrs of 1-1 or 25 hrs in general? Just spoke to SENCO who said no it is not someone sitting with him all the time as we want to encourage his independence, so what happens to his support teacher then at the moment she assists other kids but selfishly i am the one who fought for her help why should others have to benifit of an extra assistant? I think they are walking all over me or is this how it works?

Thanks for letting me rant would be lost without this board!

I would try and get 'one to one support' specified on his statement if possible. Techncally even if they are trying to get Ryan as independant as possible then the support worker could be doing other things which help your son such as making visual supports / reward charts / social stories if she's not actually sitting with him.

I would be annoyed if my sons support wasn't used for my son. My son has full time 1 to 1 and I dare say they do help the other children at times - they aren't going to actually ignore them but I would expect that their priority is the child they are paid to support.

Edited by jlp

It sounds like the statement has a lot of holes in it - you need to make them be more specific