Cariad

Flu jab for DS

I'm puzzled by this, It says he might be at risk of influenza, and their records show he hasn't had the jab at all???????

This is news to me, since when did they give kids the jab? Anyone else come across this? Why the DS, why not my other two children? Is it because he has problems?

Found out why now. It's for children who come under "Chronic neurological disease" :o . Hmmmm, it makes him sound bedbound and unable to do anything! Apparently it's new out this year from the goverment.

Do they actually stop someone from taking the flu.

My son is a carrier of the cold and passes it on to everyone in the house but never actually gets a bad cold or flu himself. If he gets the sniffles we get the cold or flu.

I'll take the jab myself. :whistle:

My son is asked to go every year for a flu jab (I'd thought it was because he has mild asthma) but I've never took him as vaccinations scare me a bit. He had his baby ones and mmr but I'm loathe to risk any more. He's quite healthy and doesn't catch much or I'd reconsider.

Do they actually stop someone from taking the flu.

My son is a carrier of the cold and passes it on to everyone in the house but never actually gets a bad cold or flu himself. If he gets the sniffles we get the cold or flu.

I'll take the jab myself. :whistle:

no,they just lessen the chances and lessen severity [not too sure on how effective the last is,as dad gets flu still,and he acts like he's dying],dad gets one every year as a pensioner,and am offered them due to living in a res.home.

the injections are good to have for those in places where live with lot of people,because once someone gets a flu,it will spread to everyone,especially if there are people who sneeze and cough all over everything,and don't clean hands etc.