Viper

Had DLA renewed

We were re-awarded middle rate DLA. But we now have Lower rate mobility. Does this mean we can get a blue badge? Superman has a Major buggy and although we use parent and child parking spaces when we can, there is often no spaces left and we get "the look" you know the one. And if we could park closer to shops it would mean less stress to Superman as we could cut down the length of time we are out, a big issue with him.

Somehow I think we need higher rate to get one though, am I right?

We were re-awarded middle rate DLA. But we now have Lower rate mobility. Does this mean we can get a blue badge? Superman has a Major buggy and although we use parent and child parking spaces when we can, there is often no spaces left and we get "the look" you know the one. And if we could park closer to shops it would mean less stress to Superman as we could cut down the length of time we are out, a big issue with him.

Somehow I think we need higher rate to get one though, am I right?

Hi Viper, we were turned down for the blue badge because in this area you need HRM, but I do know in other areas it is discretionary... I think this s one 'benefit' that is so unequal as it depends where you live..

It might be wrth applying anyway? at least you will know how the land lies in your neck of the woods... good luck!

Well done on getting DLA. >:D<<'>

We got a blue badge when son was on high rate care and low rate mobility. You can get it.

Write to them with any reports which highlight the fact your child may run off etc or have difficulties with walking etc.

My son runs of hence putting himself at risk. Don't give up if it will help that much keep onto them and get people to support an application.

Good luck >:D<<'>

I was originally turned down >:D<<'>

Congratulations on getting DLA.

Anything is worth a try, good luck with applying for a bluebadge, sounds like you need one.

Clare x x x

Well Done Viper :thumbs:

El was reawarded MRC and also got LRM on the renewal in August, but we are appealing at Reconsideration stage, his sleep patterns have changed dramatically and since late June he has been a nightmare sleeper and I am awake most of the night, when I do sleep it is poor quality cause I am always aware of him moving around, and he is hazardous right now!

His Consultant is supprting us in this and also trying to get us HRM as a result of his total lack of awareness with strangers/roads/constant licking of cars, lamp posts, bus stops, gates etc!

We have to wait until end of Oct before we get a decision! :rolleyes:

I am not sure about the blue badge thing in my area, I do the Mum and Child stuff too!

Congratulations Viper, I'm sure the DLA will make life a bit easier. :)

Only higher mobility automatically qualifies for a blue badge, but check with your council to see if they have different eligibility criteria.

K x