soraya

GCSE course on line

I heard on the radio a few months ago about an on line service for children that wont go to school for medical or social reasons. Has anyone out there heard of it? apparentely you get an on line tutor, and you can take your GCSE's this way. It is quite expensive but can be funded by the LEA

There are several online tutoring services for GCSEs. At least one of them has some connection with LEAs and they can pay the costs for you. There was some discussion about this here some time ago. I will see if I can find it for you.

There are several online tutoring services for GCSEs. At least one of them has some connection with LEAs and they can pay the costs for you. There was some discussion about this here some time ago. I will see if I can find it for you.

Thanks very much canopus, that would be great if you could find any info :rolleyes:

I looked into this at one point and spoke at length with one of a well-publicised provider's top bods. It wouldn't have worked for DS as the lessons are never differentiated - simply produced and fed out to the students with no individual modifications at all. They were also unable to help with the dyslexia or dyspraxia side of things, including being unable to deal with sorting out exam concessions like extra time, scribe/ammanuensis, laptop etc.

At that time (about a year ago) they mainly dealt with children who had things like chronic fatigue syndrome, who simply need a system which enables them to replay lessons when they feel well enough.

I don't know how much they have changed things now, but I agreed with top bod that it probably wouldn't be a good match for us.

VS xx

Hi

Yes . My daughter was due to start GCSE'S with the NISAI Academy - the LEA agreed to pay. Unfortunately, we decided not to go ahead and stick to just the Science, Maths and English she is doing with tutors. It looked really good - a virtual classroom in which students had contact with a teacher and other students without any 'face to face' contact. Ideal for ASD kids! >:D<<'>

Gail