Sign in to follow this  
JenRose

applying for stat ass of R,s SN

i know im an old hand having done DS,s but im really struggling.

on the letter that IPSEA recommend you write when requesting a statutory asessment it says "my reasons for beleiving that school cannot on its own provide asisstance-or something along those lines is:

DD has hemiplegia and suspected ASD, she,s incontinent and has speech and language difficulties.

the nursery have enough staff but i want her statement ready for when she starts reception.

she has very strict routines and this morning her usual lady wasnt there to give her breakfast so she refused to go in the room (she,s been going for 2 years and she still gets like this) so i had to find the SENCO who is her afternoon lady and she took her.

this is happening frequently and the SENCO had to keep her all day a couple of weeks ago with her.

basically im just struggling to put my reasons down.

TIA

Hi Jenrose

DD has hemiplegia - what is this and how does it affect her? this affects ie gross and fine motor function - does she she a physio? Occ therapist. Do you they provide reports and activities for her to do at home and nursery? If they do put this in( I wouldnt write loads just refer to what they do). Doesnt she have a mobility pushchair?

Does she need help with eating?

suspected ASD,explain briefly what asd is, is her paed and other experts are investigating this) etc

ie set routines,eating, visual timetables etc

is DD is incontinent - she needs adult supervison to go to the toilet ,help her with clothing, presonal needs etc, changing nappy? is this likely to be a long term need?

speech and language difficulties. - doesnt she have an actual diagnsis about her difficulties? She has been attending a weekly ican group?You also have a report detailing her difficulties ie semantic pragmatic, phonics, auditory processing?

thanks PP :notworthy:

her hemiplegia means she has to wear special boots-piedros without these she can barely walk, she still falls quite a bit with these on.

she struggles managing steps and will be incontinent for a while so will need asisstance with toileting.

she doesnt have an OT, they discharged her saying she was doing fine but she does have a physio.

she has a wheelchair for distances, even though nursery say that in their opinion she doesnt need it :wallbash:

re her ASD she has delayed and echolalic speech,lack of imaginative play skill and need for rituals which they suspect ASD and are reviewing it on

a 6 month basis, they are waiting to see how she is after her speech therapy has ended next year before they make and dx, they also suspect Semantic

pragmatic disorder-im not sure how to word this on the request.

thanks