Tally

Obviously it's a joke, but . . .

No, I didn't have any boots with frog eyes on. Always wanted some though, cos all the other kids had them, but I wasn't allowed fashionable things.

Perhaps it's her memory playing tricks on her... she remembers that you used to go on about them, so has a false memory of you owning them?

If it's not that, I haven't a clue! :unsure:

L&P

BD

If it's not that, I haven't a clue! :unsure:

L&P

BD

And if Baddad can't understand or explain a joke, then it really truly can't be one! :lol:

Sounds like a false memory to me, my mum has lots of them.

She chooses to remember only good stuff about the past, and lets the bad go.

Perhaps, subconsciously, she has always felt guilty about denying you your heart's desire.

I don't get it either Tally, just wanted to ask why you are up so early?! It's middle of the afternoon here!

It's 5am here. I work night shifts, but am off tonight. But I slept a few hours yesterday morning and even though I got tired in the evening, I didn't need much sleep, and woke up at 4. Normally I'd be back to normal today, but I'm working overtime tonight, so life is all a bit wonky this week. It works well because I only actually get one full day without work, but it's a really long one!

I can often be found pottering about cleaning or cooking in the early hours! Clearly not this week though!

Edited by Tally

I'd go with the false memory too. My mum has them. She is convinced she used to feed us as kids but I have aunts and my own memories that prove otherwise.