Bagpuss

Aaarrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You know the pettiness of some schools never fails to amaze me. DS 14 NT came home from school on Monday in tears. He'd been placed on uniform report, and he's a sensitive lad who doesn't like to be in any bother, so it had really upset him and he'd also been teased because it was his birthday on the same day. This means that we have to sign a form each morning to acknowledge he has left for school properly dressed for one week. Each lesson he goes into, the teacher has to sign that he is properly dressed. The reason being...................wait for it.......*drum roll*...............his tie was lower than it should be, by a couple of inches :rolleyes:

On the uniform report form his form tutor had writtan "tie and top button", as the reason, although DS is adamant that his top button was done up, just his tie had gone lower. Had he agreed his top button had been undone, I would of fully supported the uniform report.

It has taken us days to sort out, with phone calls going unanswered, and finally, after I'd writtan a strongly worded letter to his form tutor and Head of Year last night, refusing to send DS in with uniform report or sign it, until we had discussed it further, today his Head of Year rang and apologised and said he would be taken off uniform report, as she believed his top button was done up and that he had obviously suffered enough.

DH has just returned home, to tell me that DS's form tutor rang him today at work, and said that because DS had "learnt his lesson" he was now no longer on uniform report (Head of Year had already told us this). She agreed that his top button was actually done up, but his tie had gone lower than school policy allowed and therefore he was in the wrong.

You know it's not often I have a rant, but it beggars belief, with some of the behaviour going on in schools today, my DS's included, that kids like my DS, who are really well behaved, cause no bother, are never cheeky, work hard, never late, always in clean uniform, ... are reduced to tears over how high a tie sits around their neck!

Blooming Bothered Baggy :angry:

I can feel another letter coming on :ph34r: Learnt his lesson my ****!

Edited by Bagpuss

Blimey....don't blame you for getting hot under the collar !

In my son's school they are supposed to have eight visable stripes showing on their ties....no more.....no less !!!!

Clare x x x

Edited by Clare63

because his tie was lower? are you kiddin me? honestly?! no, can't be.. that's a REALLY bad excuse for a school to complain! the stupid idiots :(

Can't believe that how stupid, surely there are more important issues in school lol I get annoyed with all the secondary schools strict on uniform, eg you can't have named stuff etc, in order to not segregate pupils etc but they have these expensive trips where some pupils can't afford to go on them therefore segregating them in another way!! anyway that is my rant over!!lol