Sign in to follow this  
di30

CHILD TAX CREDITS

Hi all. :thumbs:

I sent a post recently regarding Child tax credits due to my son being awarded DLA last month, as soon as this was confirmed I contacted CTC almost 4 weeks ago to tell them about this, as I know he will be entitled to the standard disability premium, and not the severe premium as he was not awarded HRC, they told me on the phone it will be done within 7 days !

Anyway, due to the recent post strikes I have been checking the account in case this have been paid in over the last few weeks, and every time I rang them they just say 'ring back in a few days if you haven't heard anything' which I have been doing but they are just saying the same thing :tearful: .

I rang them again this morning after checking the account which have not changed and they said they still haven't sorted this out, but they will soon :unsure: , that's all I can get out of them, so was wondering is there a time limit on this ?

They are already taking overpayments from me from 2005/2006 and only receiving �7 a week from them now, as my older son is in university and is not entitled to this, only if it was college or so. :rolleyes: , last year we had nothing for months from them, and my hubby's wages have just missed the entitlement for working tax, not that far out, but the annoying part is was forever writing and ringing them over 2005/06 to tell them about the overpayments, but they done nothing about this.

Anyway, I do know they had the confirmation from the DWP about my son being awarded DLA and that was the same week I confirmed this, so what can be the hold up ?

I have spoke to some people in the same situation and they say their's was sorted out within 5 - 7 days, so now wondering what the hold up is :rolleyes: !!

Has anyone on these forums had problems like this one ? Or is it me being impatient :whistle: ???

I know sometimes we have to keep on for our entitlements, but have made many phone calls to them as requested, and seems like it will take forever to sort out............if ever :tearful: .

Cheers

Di xxx :thumbs:

Hi,

seems to be taking a long time doesn't it? As far as I remember, mine was sorted out within a couple of weeks. I remember being pleasantly surprised, because I thought the DLA would reduce the ctc, but it went up by a substantial amount. I would keep ringing them.

Hope it gets sorted for you soon.

flora

Hi Di,

Have you a tax office near you? if you do, it might be worth popping in & talking to them as they are really very helpful. They have a phone there which you can use & it goes straight through to someone from working tax/child tax so you don't have to bother with press button one for this or press button two for that etc :thumbs: They also backdate three months and can backdate even further (think about six months) if you write to them & let them know the situation - hope it works out for you :pray:

Caroline xx

Edited by Caroline-

Hi.We were overpayed last year when OH had a pay increase and hence we were no longer entitled to family tax credit.

They were extremely quick in pushing us to repay the �150 or so that we need to pay back-to the point of threatening court action after just a few weeks. :wallbash::wallbash: Karen.

Hi and thank you for your kind replies. :thumbs:

Have been ringing these every other day for almost 4 weeks, so goodness know what my phone bill will be, :tearful: , should be worth it in the end though.

I was also thinking about getting a letter sent to them and get the DLA letters copied to send them - yet they are aware of this and admitted 3 weeks ago they have this on the records from the DWP. :whistle:

Yes, I know the feeling..........if they owe you then we have to wait and when its the other way round their on our backs rotten ! :wallbash:

Perhaps they are hoping I will ring them to say........sorry my son is all of a sudden not awarded DLA now :rolleyes: lol.

Saying that they did tell me because the DLA was applied for in DEC 2006 and as this went to a tribunal hearing not until Sept this year they would backdate all the way, but because it is 2006 I applied its also classed as a new tax year, so maybe between this year and that year it may be more complicated for them to work out. :tearful: .

The lady on the phone when asked said there is no time limit of when they sort this out. :unsure:

Keep you posted and thank you.

Di. xxxx :thumbs:

Hi Caroline. :D

No have not heard anything yet :tearful: , although I have been ringing them every other day to find out.

Every answer is to ring again if we have not heard within a few days !! :wallbash:

Although they did state the CTC is to be backdated from the start of Daniel's claim which was DEC 2006, so this may take a little longer because they have to sort out 2 different tax years 2006/07, and when asked if there is a time limit to settle this the lady said no. :unsure: , so its just a matter of waiting.

What about you hun, have they sorted out yours yet ?

Sorry if you have already told me..........my head is in the clouds lately lol :lol: , but getting there now.

Have been sorting out a number of things, such as the DLA tribunals decision which works out slightly a different way if you want to appeal to a normal appeal..........if you get my drift, I have to be sure I have grounds to appeal Daniel's decision before I take it further, so this is being looked into now and must be back to the tribunals beore the 11th of Nov, and the school have been a right pain too, will tell you about this again, and have also been fighting a mis-sold ppi which we have just received some good news on that, so thats a relief. :D

So just don't know what to do first..............thankfully everything is starting to fall into place now. :thumbs:

Hope everything is going okay for you hun, keep me posted and all the very best to you. >:D<<'>

Luv Di xxxx :thumbs:

Hiya Di >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

WOW! so when they finally get their act in gear you should get a healthy lump sum owed to you (in time for Chrimbo eh ;) Good luck with it! Can you email them? If you can, do that as well, make a real pest of yourself & they'll soon get you sorted lol :P

Best of luck sorting the DLA - hope you get a higher award, as Daniel deserves it :pray:

Yes, i did manage to sort out the Child tax - got there in the end, like you, after endless phone calls :wallbash:

Caroline xx