josie h

National Autistic Society think differently campaign.

Its a form of marketing. The idea is that you pass on the video over the internet to everyone you know, so nearly everyone sees it. If a viral marketing campaign takes off, its a lot more effective than a few slots on tele.

It's a great idea if it works - but probably wouldn't reach all the people who just sit in front of the TV all night long!!! And the TV is a very powerful tool which influences the choices that viewers make.

For me personally, I would hope that everyone in my email address list has a reasonable, if not a very good knowledge of Autism. Therefore, sending it by email to people I know wouldn't be targeting the people who really needed to be targeted - i.e. the prejudiced or those just ignorant of the facts of Autism.

But then again, if everyone in my address book passed it on again, then that is where it will start having an effect on a larger population.

For me personally, I would hope that everyone in my email address list has a reasonable, if not a very good knowledge of Autism. Therefore, sending it by email to people I know wouldn't be targeting the people who really needed to be targeted - i.e. the prejudiced or those just ignorant of the facts of Autism.

That was my thought - that it is likely to be only sent to people who understand - those it is sent to who don't understand are also likely to delete it without viewing it. Sometime I'm going to find some TV company email addresses and write to them - as you've said, it can't do any harm. :)

I'm still debating whether to send it to JP's work. I just can't decide. :unsure:

Well I've sent it to my tutor but not my supervisor - I'll see how it goes down with one person first. It's a really difficult decision and it shouldn't be - that's why I think this needs to be on national television rather than relying on 'viral' dissemination.

I think it's a good thing and the NAS are doing a good job! The little boy with ASD who loves Dr Who made me weepy, reminds me of my son who is obsessed with Dr Who.