spectrummum

my msn group closing

Hi Shell, Are you sure that MSN are closing groups as I can't find anything on there about it?

You have set up a good Forum though - well done!

this is what is posted in msn groups

I found this posted in one of my other groups....

I am very fed-up, upset and annoyed all rolled into one at the moment as I have spent several weeks working on my new MSN Group and I stumbled across the article here, so all of my hard work has gone to waste!

As you can see, the rumour that has been circulating for several years about MSN closing down the MSN Groups service was TRUE after all and will be closing in November 2007 and will be re-branded as Windows Live Groups, which will be attached to Windows Live Spaces.

I have checked the source here and they have got their info from the internal MSN/Live website here.

This situation is a repeat of the "secret" Adult Groups closure/moving which was also accidentally found out about on the internal MSN/Live website and which MSN denied right upto the last minute of the Adults Groups closure/moving.

From looking at the Wikipedia article, looking at the internal MSN/Live website and other news articles from around the web about this, the new Windows Live Groups will be nothing like the current MSN Groups set-up and will be a pile of rubbish.

UPDATE: Sorry folks but the internal MSN/Live website doesn't seem to be working right now but it was when I checked it about an hour ago! So until it is back up and running, you can see a sneak peak of the new Windows Live Groups here.

BYE BYE MSN GROUPS, WE WILL ALL MISS YOU!!!

Yahoo closed down a photo sharing service recently. I think it's all to do with consolidation - something that seems to happen to every industry. Look at how many car manufacturers that existed in the 1960s are now defunct or taken over.

The main message is in mhm(managers helping managers)

evry manger on groups is a memeber there

its also on moes group to and many others

first to close was the adult groups then chat now groups

im sure if you ask around one of your meebrs will have seen it about its every where

shell

Thank you for writing to MSN Groups Technical Support. My name is Joel and this is regarding the posted message from your Group that MSN Groups will be closing down and will be incorporated to Windows Live Spaces. I realize how important MSN Groups is to you. I appreciate that you have written to us regarding this.

Manager, the posting you saw is a hoax. MSN Groups is not closing down and Microsoft has no plans of decommissioning MSN Groups at this time.

Microsoft has no control over email messages, Web sites, or postings that imitate company trademarks, logos, or copyrighted materials. The sources of these hoaxes only attempt to spread malicious rumors about Microsoft and may sometimes even encourage people to divulge personal information willingly. This information is frequently used maliciously or fraudulently.

To avoid the spread of these types of information, we advise you to delete any email you receive, or disregard postings on MSN Groups regarding this rumor.

Any important announcement from Microsoft about MSN Groups will be posted at the MSN Groups homepage (http://groups.msn.com).

On the other hand, it is true that Windows Live Groups is coming in the future, but it is a separate product. As of this time, we do not have any information about the features of Windows Live Groups.

We appreciate your continued support as we strive to provide you with the highest quality service available. Thank you for using MSN Groups.

Sincerely,

Joel

MSN Groups Technical Support

yes

but it does not say they are not merging them into windows live groups and they are like a blog rather than agroup (not nice at all)

that is what the problem is groups will not be groups three managers i know already have closed there msn group and redone on a forum just incase

if you read the other messages as well it says there is no certainty that groups will stay as msn groups .

Better to be safe than sorry

I remember when they close chat they denied it right up to the week they closed and i am not losing my friends because of msn

there are some members on here who are in my group and i would hate for them to come one day and it be gone

one of my other groups dissapeared also today just the backup for msn thankfully but its gone from my list and everything.

so the forum is a saftey net if you like

If any memebrs go into msn and groups are gone we still have a home to go to.

shell xx

We closed our Adult MSN group last year due to them moving them, they let us know a month in advance that they were definately going to be moving Adult MSN groups, so we decided to close ours.

So, i'll wait for confirmation from MSN that they have decided to end all MSN groups. I'm a member of Community Feedback, a very well known MSN help group & nothing is mentioned there about MSN closing all groups.

We'll wait & see :D