paulathomson

who's ian jordan then?

ok i am anticipating that i may be making myself look a complete idiot here.. but..i have just read mumbles post about ian jordan being fabby...and i know that that name is mentioned alot...am i being dense or what.. but who is ian jordan and what does he do?

i was totally lost trying to make sense of the original post by mumble...sorry...but i would like to understand...i am a relative newbie and still getting to grips with all the abbrevations, smiley faces and what's what..

anyone help??

oh and if you are ian jordan.. i apologise that i dont know who you are...

Ian is an OGB, Paula. (Official Good Bloke)

He posts on here & does autism-related eye work & has seen loads of peeps on here. If you look him up in Members you can find his posts, I have no idea what he's on about half the time, but whatever he's doing it seems to work! :thumbs:

i was totally lost trying to make sense of the original post by mumble...sorry...

That's a common reaction of most people to me :lol: :lol: :whistle::devil: No offence taken whatsoever.

Ian is a research optitian with a research interest in visual processing and the effects of this on other sensory pathways. He looks at how the correction of visual stimuli through coloured lenses addresses many of the percpetual issues found in ASD, dyspraxia, dyslexia etc. (sorry if that's totally incorrect, Ian).

He is a member on this forum. He has a website - http://www.jordanseyes.com/ - which gives a lot more information.

That's a common reaction of most people to me :lol: :lol: :whistle::devil: No offence taken whatsoever.

Ian is a research optitian with a research interest in visual processing and the effects of this on other sensory pathways. He looks at how the correction of visual stimuli through coloured lenses addresses many of the percpetual issues found in ASD, dyspraxia, dyslexia etc. (sorry if that's totally incorrect, Ian).

He is a member on this forum. He has a website - http://www.jordanseyes.com/ - which gives a lot more information.

thank you.. i am checking out his website at the moment but instantly became distracted and couldnt concentrate because the web designer has spelt the word 'perception' wrong... :lol:

Ian is an OGB, Paula. (Official Good Bloke)

Another one . . . :lol::notworthy:

the web designer has spelt the word 'perception' wrong... :lol:

How should 'perception' be spelt - I've always spelt it as you have it :unsure:

sorry im rubbish at explaining and sometimes assume that everyone knows what i mean...perception is spelled this way but on the website i found it was spelt like ''eprception''.. the web designer probably hasnt spelled it wrong rather just typed wrong by accident..

the website was very intersting.. but agin i got distracted by other 'mispelled words' :lol:

i am terrible.. i cant read anything without picking up on tiny insignificant errors..i dont do it by choice...it just happens as soon as i look at the page/text..i know instantly that something isnt right...it is annoying sometimes...especially when i do it myself..AARRGG!!!

and these smiley faces.. i didnt have a clue what they all meant when i first came on the forum...apart from one or two very obvious ones..did this happen to anyone else or am i strange?

the ian jordan website is most interesting as it supports my own claims...i suffer from severe anxiety attacks.. have done for years...but im not convinces all my ''attacks'' are totally panic.. i am certain that some are sensory issues...so thank you for all your advice..

i am terrible.. i cant read anything without picking up on tiny insignificant errors..i dont do it by choice...it just happens as soon as i look at the page/text..i know instantly that something isnt right...it is annoying sometimes...especially when i do it myself..AARRGG!!!

I do it with numerical things so I can sort of see where you are coming from. If you point out the errors to Ian, I'm sure he'd get them fixed. :thumbs:

and these smiley faces.. i didnt have a clue what they all meant when i first came on the forum...apart from one or two very obvious ones..did this happen to anyone else or am i strange?

I had this problem when I joined (and see the thread on the :ph34r: smilie that we all thought meant something different!!!). If you hold your mouse over the image it comes up in word form which I had to do for a long time (still do with some of them).

I do it with numerical things so I can sort of see where you are coming from. If you point out the errors to Ian, I'm sure he'd get them fixed. :thumbs:

I had this problem when I joined (and see the thread on the :ph34r: smilie that we all thought meant something different!!!). If you hold your mouse over the image it comes up in word form which I had to do for a long time (still do with some of them).

thanks i do this with the mouse... but what does the one you have used above mean? what is ''ph34r''? im sorry.. it must feel like you are babysitting...im not really dense...strangely i am quite intelligent.. well at least i think so..dont know why some of these things puzzle me.

i am addicted to this forum..some of the posts make me laugh so much that my sides hurt.

thanks i do this with the mouse... but what does the one you have used above mean? what is ''ph34r''? im sorry.. it must feel like you are babysitting...im not really dense...strangely i am quite intelligent.. well at least i think so..dont know why some of these things puzzle me.

Don't worry - it's one that several of us don't have a clue about :lol: Check out This Thread where several suggestions are given. Be warned though, it's long - Pearl had to bring in her Jaffa Cake obsession :eat: and it deteriorated from there on in :lol::P

Don't worry - it's one that several of us don't have a clue about :lol: Check out This Thread where several suggestions are given. Be warned though, it's long - Pearl had to bring in her Jaffa Cake obsession :eat: and it deteriorated from there on in :lol::P

well this has made my day.. i still dont get why its ph34r..im feeling sicky cos im confused. but also i didnt realise that you could write the word in between the colons.. i thought too that you had to drag icon..

and the thread itself.. well soooo funny...the jaffa cake bit makes me laugh...i really love the threads about different obsessions.. i laugh so much- not in a horrible way..just because they tickle me.. my hubbie thinks im a loony because i read and re-read and re-read the obsession threads so i can laugh my socks off....

Sheesh, I ALWAYS get the blame.....

Its all your fault, you egg me on :lol::shame:

I'm like that about typos, paula - spot them instantly!

Innocent? :rollsaroundonfloorlaughingsmiley:

Pah!

I have absolutely no idea what you are on about :whistle: Where I've got a reputation as un-innocent from I have no idea. :devil:

Its always the quiet ones you have to keep an eye on.... :lol:

Well that's not me then - just ask llisa - I could hardly be described as 'quiet' when the plane's brakes weren't working and we were hurteling towards the end of the runway at a speed rather in excess of what I was comfortable with . . . :whistle: Still I think I did a good deed - warning the other passengers about the lack of brakes was very, very important :oops::devil: