Sign in to follow this  
paulathomson

saw doctor yesterday

hi everyone,

well yesterday morning i went along to the doctors and the nice doctor wjo i ee said to me straight away that she could see i was getting worse (probably on account of me being in a scruffy tracksuit which looked like pj's :lol: )

i sat in there and told here everything that i have been keeping back and i cried and cried...how embarrassing. i also told her about my situation at home with DH...he can be horrible sometimes and walks out often..last time he had me served with eviction notice...i told her i was afraid to leave permanently becaue i only have my mother in salisbury and that would be the only place i would want to be re-housed because i need her support...and im afraid that the council will turn me away for help...despite my mental health problems and my DS's difficulties.

anyway she was lovely, gave me some tissues and said she would phone the mental health team to speed things up. i also told her about getting assessment for adult aspergers and she said ok...

well i felt like the whole world lifted off my shoulders when i got out..i felt so much better.

thank you for all your support..hope fully now i can getthe help and assurance i need....

Fabulous!

I always things it's awful that people have to be at the end of their tether before things happen.

Really glad you have an understanding and proactive GP!!!

Caroline.

>:D<<'> Paula >:D<<'>

I'm sorry you ended up crying, but I'm glad you're getting the right support now, and that you feel generally happier too.

T x

Paula,

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

You've taken the first huge step towards recovery, so pleased to hear your GP is so supportive.

Be gentle with yourself and enjoy this immediate relief.

Clare x x x

Im glad you are seeking help. Its sometimes way too easy to overlook others needs when dealing with Autism in the Family.

As for your concerns about Salisbury Council, If you mean Salisbury- Wiltshire , then my own personal experiance with them is that they are freindly and approachable. there is a very good support system here, and a center of excellence for Autism just outside of town.

It wouldnt hurt to contact an ASK advisor and see if they cant help you with contacting the right people to help.

and dont be afraid to open up and release emotions, wether it be to a GP or someone else. It does help