Sign in to follow this  
di30

Good news

Hi all.

Some good news through the post this morning from the main head of the whole school. :clap:

This has been a long ongoing battle but it has now been confirmed that my son Daniel (yr 8 mainstream sec school) will be going into an SEN learning support class from mainstream classes, this has been a very stressful time for Daniel and was skipping and hiding in the school toilets when he could not cope with most of the lessons, but did not help because of the large numbers in the class due to noise which did not help his concentration, so this change will hopefully start soon.

However, we do have a meeting to attend this Friday with SENCO and this was arranged before we received the letter from the main head of the school, so what this is going to be about we do not know.

Daniel has been absent from school this week due to a sickness bug that went onto a throat and chest infection, but the school emailed regarding the meeting.

Daniel does not have a statement, but is under school action plus and has been for over a year, so hopefully now by him going to these SEN support classes this will resolve everything for him..............fingers crossed. :thumbs:

Will let you know the outcome of the school meeting.

Cheers Di xx :D

That's great news: I hope it works out for Daniel. :thumbs:

Good luck for Friday's meeting, I hope it's a positive one.

K x

Thank you all so much. :thumbs:

Will get back tomorrow with the outcome of this.

Unfortunately Daniel will not be going back to school until next week when he will hopefully be recovered by then with his chest/throat infection which has not helped his Asthma either. :tearful:

Thankfully my older son will be home to sit with him when we attend the meeting.

Daniel's head of yr rang this morning, to ask how he was, although I did ring through earlier in the week to confirm his absence and an email just to be sure to get it authorised, but made it clear that he only rang to see how he was lol :whistle:

He is Daniel's mentor, so in that case we thought it was nice of him, but I do know they like to double check too.........because when Daniel was in yr 7 he skipped and hid in the school toilets when he couldn't cope with certain lessons and rang here then many times. :unsure:

Just hope now they will put Daniel in the smaller SEN class for asap, fingers crossed this will all be discussed tomorrow, as I want to prepare Daniel as early as possible, although this is what he had wanted since last year. :thumbs:

Cheers all, get back to you tomorrow. :D

xxx